Brazil made 272's and 288's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarge3604

Maine-iac
Reaction score
I believe that they still make some older models like the 272 and 288 in brazil and was wondering if there was any way one could buy one and have it shipped to the us?:confused: Anyone have any ideas or thoughts i would love to have a brand new 288 xp for a good price.

I believe that they still make some older models like the 272 and 288 in brazil and was wondering if there was any way one could buy one and have it shipped to the us?:confused: Anyone have any ideas or thoughts i would love to have a brand new 288 xp for a good price.

:popcorn:

I Know I haven't been a member as long as some have be I have heard of MAYBE one person doing this on arborist site. I believe it was a sithl model but I can't remember what is was. Might have been a 070.

I Know I haven't been a member as long as some have be I have heard of MAYBE one person doing this on arborist site. I believe it was a sithl model but I can't remember what is was. Might have been a 070.

I remember seeing some discussion on here of importing an MS720 from somwhere in south america but I'm not sure that it ever went ahead

A few years ago Normzilla, myself, and redunshee were discussing this very same topic! I did a Google search but didn't actually find a Company that shipped them!! May try again! Good Post!!

I don't know what is different, but the Brazil made 272xp saws are rated at .2 kW less max Power than the Swedish made ones were (3.6 vs. 3.8).

Troll et all, Petro Bras the state owned refiner of fuel blends up to 40% alcohol with the gas in Brazil! Additionally they use sugar cane based stuff rather than corn. Everything has to be reset based on the amount of stuff in the gas, it is not a different measuring system the engines just produce less HP/KW on the crap fuel they get. Pollution in RIO is so bad in the early AM it looks like fig coming off the South Atlantic, but it is not!

And the stuff STINKS!!!

I had a friend there who imported a Corvette to Brazil from the States by the time Chevrolet Brazil was done with the necessary mods the car had only 78% of the HP it had when it left the US!

That may have something to do with it - but most other Husky and Stihl models made in Brazil don't have a similar reduction of the power rating. :msp_confused:

Im not sure about Brazil, but i was under the impression that south America had worse saws then us. about a month ago, i sold my MS362, a guy from the Philippines came and bought it, saying he was going to ship it to his brother back to the Philippines because there are no good saws available down there... i guess the saw selection is different in each south American country

Im not sure about Brazil, but i was under the impression that south America had worse saws then us. about a month ago, i sold my MS362, a guy from the Philippines came and bought it, saying he was going to ship it to his brother back to the Philippines because there are no good saws available down there... i guess the saw selection is different in each south American country

Is it me, or does it sound like he thinks that the Phillipines is in SA???

:hmm3grin2orange: woops, i wrote this first thing in the morning, and obviously i was still half asleep... so i will rephrase, and say, countries outside the US and europe (and yes i know eruope is not a country) like brazil, philipines, cuba, ect.... just like they get older car models from ford or chevy, they get other chainsaw models as well. and obviously not good saw choices, because when i sold my 362, the guy paid top dollar to get his brother a good saw for his business.

Latest posts

Back