Buddy bought a Jonsered 2252 now I have ?'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ancy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well my good buddy bought 20 acres of woods and decided that he would need a good saw for clean up and maintenance. His choice was a new Jonsered 2252 auto tune, 18" Total Pro bar, and 2 loops .325 chisel, his budget was $500 and we left the dealer with $35. Now a few questions on the saw 1. The saw is doggy off the start when not fully warmed up, will it "learn" its way out of this? 2. He plans on using Tru-Fuel 40:1 for the day to day stuff but if he has a big day/week/month planned he is going to use pump gas at 40:1 with Stihl Ultra oil, so does he need to "reprogram" anything with the fuel/oil switch? 3. The filter that came on the saw is a small mesh filter and all I have ever had is the flocked, is he ok with mesh year round? 4. Do these saws benefit with any easy mods?

I tried to get him to join the site but he thinks we are a bunch of chain saw freaks:msp_sneaky:!! Any other info on these saw or the series of saws fill us in?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 300969View attachment 300970View attachment 300971

Moody,Saw Troll and a couple of others (can't remember their AS handles) on this site are the one's that you want to chime in. I can tell you from other threads that the auto tune has to run at WOT for 5 minutes continuously (that's a lot of noodling!) before it learns the environmental conditions that it needs to adjust to. Either that or the dealer can do it in a few seconds with whatever high tech gizmo they use to do it with. I you do a search of this forum under 562XP, a good thread will come up about somone's recent experience with the autotune and about the remedey I mentioned above. Your other questions will be answered by the folks that I mentioned above. I think it's safe to say that we are freaks.

Make no judgements till he's run a few tanks through it... 40:1 is fine... Don't sweat it...
Just run it!!!
Very sexy looking saw by the way...
He made a good choice...
And the tru fuel is a good idea for someone who dont use em' much...

Now go put some tanks through it and report back...

I would run 50:1 but that's just because that's what the manufacturer calls for. Ratios are very opinionated and there is no real "right" answer.

As far as the other questions.

1) It will learn its way out of that. Put it in some big wood for a few min and then it should be fine.

2) No need to reprogram anything. It will take care of it.

3) I run it year round without any issue. This question will have opinionated answers as well. No "right" answer.

4) You bet! When you muffler mod them it will let the saw breathe much better and the autotune will adapt and richen up your jets to make more power. Best results by far for any saw I have ever tweaked was a MM on an autotune.

40:1 is the only Tru-Fuel they have around us so why not just carry that over to the pump gas.

40:1 is the only Tru-Fuel they have around us so why not just carry that over to the pump gas.

It will work fine I'm sure. It's great for a saw that doesn't see much duty but would be too expensive for me to even consider due to the amount of wood we are cutting right now. I can burn 4-6 tanks a day per saw. I'm sure others burn much more than that.

High life lite

Well my good buddy bought 20 acres of woods and decided that he would need a good saw for clean up and maintenance. His choice was a new Jonsered 2252 auto tune, 18" Total Pro bar, and 2 loops .325 chisel, his budget was $500 and we left the dealer with $35. Now a few questions on the saw 1. The saw is doggy off the start when not fully warmed up, will it "learn" its way out of this? 2. He plans on using Tru-Fuel 40:1 for the day to day stuff but if he has a big day/week/month planned he is going to use pump gas at 40:1 with Stihl Ultra oil, so does he need to "reprogram" anything with the fuel/oil switch? 3. The filter that came on the saw is a small mesh filter and all I have ever had is the flocked, is he ok with mesh year round? 4. Do these saws benefit with any easy mods?

I tried to get him to join the site but he thinks we are a bunch of chain saw freaks:msp_sneaky:!! Any other info on these saw or the series of saws fill us in?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Your high life lite label is awsome. That is what I drink as well

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

? is that an orange air box that cover latches to? looks orange in that pic?

? is that an orange air box that cover latches to? looks orange in that pic?

No I think its the angle of the badangle....I'll try to get the saw from him and get some good pictures.

Make no judgements till he's run a few tanks through it... 40:1 is fine... Don't sweat it...
Just run it!!!
Very sexy looking saw by the way...
He made a good choice...
And the tru fuel is a good idea for someone who dont use em' much...

Now go put some tanks through it and report back...

+1 I prefer 40:1 but 50:1 won't hurt it here and there. The saw should adjust accordingly so go forth and kill some trees or clean up the dead ones

The issues and how remedied vary. When i got my 562xp i just put gas and oil in it and ran it like i would any other saw, it hesitated a second before spooling up for a few cuts but its been flawless since. I didn't do the 5 minutes thing i just used it normally without issues,other have done it and it fixed some problems and for other it hasn't so results have varied depending on who you ask.

Well he got some run time on it last night and said it ripped, but I was at home entertaining in-laws:msp_mad:

about the air filter. older saws,,used flocked filters quite a bit. personally, I hate em. seems like they attract dirt and chips, and even if kept clean, they aint forever. that flock will break down, and then just try and find a air filter for the older saw....the nylon mesh ones, seem to shed dirt and wood fibers...a few of the saws I have, HAD flock,,and the new replacements are mesh. me likey.........and the nylon IS forever..

about the air filter. older saws,,used flocked filters quite a bit. personally, I hate em. seems like they attract dirt and chips, and even if kept clean, they aint forever. that flock will break down, and then just try and find a air filter for the older saw....the nylon mesh ones, seem to shed dirt and wood fibers...a few of the saws I have, HAD flock,,and the new replacements are mesh. me likey.........and the nylon IS forever..
They seem to "attract" stuff because that's the stuff that gets thru the nylon in to the engine...

Back