What saw is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it's a precision model 1. Made from 1946 to 1952. Originally from quebec, later made in Connecticut.

That's what I thought at first but I have not been able to find a Poulan that has that style of handlebars. Maybe the bow saw attachment is aftermarket?

See post above yours. Precision, factory bow bar. One of the few canadian bow saws. The plate on the rear handle (known as belly pan) was so that you could rest it against your legs or belly while cutting.
I checked one thing, and I am certain that's what it is. Real rare, and fairly valuable saw.

See post above yours. Precision, factory bow bar. One of the few canadian bow saws. The plate on the rear handle (known as belly pan) was so that you could rest it against your legs or belly while cutting.
I checked one thing, and I am certain that's what it is. Real rare, and fairly valuable saw.

Thanks, we were typing at the same time. That make sense, Quebec is just across the border and the logging industries are intertwined. Thanks! :)

Back