Oregon rim sprocket on Stihl 028 AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

upside down under
clean clean clean

It was the brake band!

I engaged it and disengaged it and the drum dropped straight on which is strange as I had done that before and it didnt make a difference.

Is the brake band adjustable?

Time for a quick clean and reassemble to see if it works!

Thanks everyone.

Looking at your pic again, the crank end and the bearing look extremely rough.....

Pull the bearing off and take some pics of both!!!!

Seriously, give a side shot of the crank with the bearing off.

If you cannot get the bearing off easily, well then, there you go.............

Looking at your pic again, the crank end and the bearing look extremely rough.....

Pull the bearing off and take some pics of both!!!!

The bearing is new and the crank isnt in too back condition. I think its the grease that makes it look rough but will take a pic with something better than an upside down ipad and post it.

Cheers

make sure chain brake isnt on:msp_wink:

I acquired an 028 Super one time that I believe was chucked just for that reason. The guy told me it was seized up. I was in the middle of building my 028 so I disassembled the Super for some parts (and also to see what happened to it) and found nothing at all wrong with it. Too bad I didn't get it before it sat out in the weather for several months but I did get a lot of parts off of it (including the rim style clutch drum/sprocket). I had already bought and installed a 44mm p/c off of evilbay so I have the 46mm Super one hanging around just in case. Moral of the story is: it took a good tug to get the brake released. :rolleyes:

Back