First wood milled

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickW

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I had posted pics earlier of my "new to me" 084 I planned on using on the mill I was planning to build. Well today we "put it to work". Not much work on the first run and I still have work to finish the mill but an old cedar log I cut 7 or 8 years ago was the first victim. It's surprising how good a ratty old log can look on the inside. At least my wife was impressed and that's the most important factor for me. So here's a couple pics of an old man on his first day on the job.View attachment 301566View attachment 301567View attachment 301568
I ain't sure that worked but her goes.

So you built the mill? Nice job! Looks like the procut design. What is the maximum capacity of the mill?:rock:

It is a procut design. I didn't mention that cause I didn't know if it's allowed. It's his standard width, in the area of 24" and a little over 30 foot long. I had the main beams left here by a power company putting in new poles. They were four of them so we welded two for each beam and went at it from there. I've got a bunch of old power poles that I'm going to try to make use of with it. Sorry about the sideways picture, I didn't mean to do that.

Back