Splitting some wood with my Grandson...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat-face timber

Knot Bumper
Reaction score
Here is me and my splitting wood partner, guess who is who :msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice the young man wants to spend some time with Old Pops!! Seems like with kids in my area this is the exception instead of the norm.

Good to see a boy that age wanting to spend time working with pap:msp_smile: The little things you do with him now will create memories for him that will last a lifetime

My Grandson is only 3`1/2 but he tries to help pap split wood:msp_smile: He follows me everywhere with his toy chainsaw and when we're done for the day he has to put his chainsaw on the shelf with mine:D

Catface - man you are skinny and trim!!!! Your grandson looks kinda old and fat. Hey, someone had to say it. :laugh:

Very nice, I have 5 granddaughters and they live 1200 miles away so no help for me. I'm envious of your good fortune. Thanks for sharing.

That's awesome, good to see kids learning how to work. I do not normally do this and I would like to add that my son has been on a splitter since he was 6, he hand splits and drives a tractor and I let him work with tools, knives and what have you, I think safety glasses are important, like I said I don't normally do this and generally mind my business, but only an observation and am not trying to hijack a thread or anything like that and hopefully this is the last comment regarding this.
PS Have that boy stacking rounds, it will make him strong as an ox.

Thanks Gents,

I grew up splitting wood by hand, man this splitter sure is a lot faster :)

Yes, safety glasses should have been worn!

I need to make sure he is safe.

Thanks for the comments :)

Back