Who thinks lakeside53 (andy) is still here?...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is andy posting under another user name?

• Yes

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 96 75.6%

• Total voters
Bump

attachment.php

The one with the husky hat on,,,,

He is as straight up a guy as you would ever want to meet,,,,
and as smart as they come,,, I have may more Pics when I get some time Ill post a few more,,,,

Lake Tuck Splash - YouTube

This was just a couple of small and easy removals, of a hemlock and western red cedar, in a great setting on a marvelous day. But they were downslope, and next to a private lake, and Andy wanted us to drop the logs into the lake, where they would float to the end, where there is an access point to easily remove them. Trevor's first actual tree removal. He's up the second tree..

Sorry to hear that about Ed.

Dan Henry? I got a 372 by him too. Still runs good, here it is from '03

attachment.php

It isn't that long since Lakeside Andy visited the site, and then he used his original username. :msp_smile:

Dozerdan is again a sponsor here, but Ed isn't, for obvious reasons (he was kicked out) - but I believe he is up and active again, and has been for a while.

Last edited:
He is a walking encyclopedia of Stihl info. I thank him for posting it on the site. I have learned alot from the proper way to mix JB weld to how to determine if you have an 056 Mag II just by looking. THANKS ANDY

Lake Tuck Splash - YouTube

This was just a couple of small and easy removals, of a hemlock and western red cedar, in a great setting on a marvelous day. But they were downslope, and next to a private lake, and Andy wanted us to drop the logs into the lake, where they would float to the end, where there is an access point to easily remove them. Trevor's first actual tree removal. He's up the second tree..

Two items of note (apart from the excellent tree work!).

- The first top and the proximity of the 1 week old zillion $$ glass deck surround "plenty of room... "lol..

and...

- The wife and the dog rounding up the logs with the canoe!

We made a landing at and inlet of the lake, rigged a skyline and hauled them out with several other trees. I'll try to find the video link.. not all went well, but the logs are all out and we lived to screw it up another day. :angry::D:laugh:

Hint - bull ropes make lousy skylines.

Oh... one more thing, the first two logs from the top of the hemlock SANK. Frigg.. not supposed to do that, weird... but...

Last edited:
hit AS burnout too ... have not been around much lately
do drop in from time to time ...

did Andy ever post again?

So.. found the landing video. Let's call this one "logg'in with homeowners". We were hauling and lifting logs out of the lake and up onto the landing. Most to the logs were out by the time the video was shot, but because of the stack height this one was stuck. We'll heck, just need more power ;)

Turn up the volume. You'll hear me say a warning (maybe a premonition?) "this is one heck of a catapult".

I was using a 3/4 inch rope (instead of my steel cables). Not wanting to go up the hill though the Devils Club I had the homeowner's climb and tie it onto the right tree. Instead of wrapping the tree a few times, he went around once tied a "knot"; rope became two at the knot. Nobody hurt but that, expensive toy jeep nearly got trashed by the 25lb snatch block! Lessons learned all around.

This is not my Facebook account (I don't have one).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4655155230449&set=vb.1640390364&type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...57855515.1073741824.1640390364&type=1&theater

Last edited:
So.. found the landing video. Let's call this one "logg'in with homeowners". We were hauling and lifting logs out of the lake and up onto the landing. Most to the logs were out by the time the video was shot, but because of the stack height this one was stuck. We'll heck, just need more power ;)

Turn up the volume. You'll hear me say a warning (maybe a premonition?) "this is one heck of a catapult".

I was using a 3/4 inch rope (instead of my steel cables). Not wanting to go up the hill though the Devils Club I has the homeowner's climb and tie it onto the right tree. Instead of wrapping the tree a few times, he went around once tied a "knot"; rope became two at the knot. Nobody hurt but that, expensive toy jeep nearing got trashed by the 25lb snatch block! Lessons learned all around.

This is not my Facebook account (I don't have one).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4655155230449&set=vb.1640390364&type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...57855515.1073741824.1640390364&type=1&theater

Andy .. you're back????

I've not been around too much lately tooooo....

Very nice of you to pass through from time to time. I learnt a humongous amount from you! And good to see that what you say still comes true!

Good luck where ever you go!

Back