560xp My fault

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never mentioned i was trying to defraud the company who sold me the saw, im asking if the warranty will cover the damage that has been done...

No, it obviously will not cover operator errors - and I read more in your original post than that....

i never mentioned i was trying to defraud the company who sold me the saw, im asking if the warranty will cover the damage that has been done...

i wonder if i crash my new car, will it be covered under warranty?

I use dealers for certain things, lawn mower from my local guy, one Stihl dealer and Spike60 from this site and all three have been very helpful and going above and beyoned the call of duty in one way or another.

Last edited:
the first thing I check when we get a toasted saw in the shop , is the fuel that's in the metering diaphragm "bowl" . than compare the color of that fuel to the color of fuel in the tank.

the first thing I check when we get a toasted saw in the shop , is the fuel that's in the metering diaphragm "bowl" . than compare the color of that fuel to the color of fuel in the tank.

He said he ran the saw after he put in the proper mix as to prevent your test from working. The OP seems to think that a warranty is the same thing as insurance. It is not.

Last edited:
I think it's no different than stealing....No different than insurance Fraud and should be punishable by law...JUST MY OPINION!

Nope. You drive your car in to a wall, there's no warranty repair. Same thing. This is your fault, you have to fix it.

OP:

Since you just bought the saw there is a chance you have insurance coverage if you paid for the saw with a credit/debit card. Usually new purchases are covered for a set amount of time against theft/damage.

I know a guy that bought a 80 gallon compressor and tipped it over trying to unload it from his trailer. He bent the crankshaft, repairs were more than a new one... His credit card reimbursed him and he got to keep the damaged compressor.

Might be worth a try for your saw.

Last edited:
Tell the dealer what you did and pay for the repair.

Tell the dealer what your brother did and have him (your brother) pay for the repair. He trashed your saw.

This is exactly why I don't loan out most of my saws. I have some beaters I'll loan out but not the saws I have a lot invested in or heat my home.

Bob

i reasntly bought a husky 560xp and have no problems whats so ever till today... the problem i have is my brother picked up the wrong fuel can up today and filled the saw up with straight petrol and not the 50.1 xp mix i always use i should of checked but my fault... it ran for about 1min before cutting out dead then relised something is wrong here i empited the fuel that was in the saw and realised what was the problem was... i went straight back into the shed took the exhaust manifold off and th piston was scored... after putting it back together and the right mix back into the saw it started and ran fine but i didnt work the saw i left it then... As it still under warranty, i have taken it back to the shop and have said it not working properly when heating up... will is show up on the diagnostics what the saw has been through as im hoping for a new piston and cylinder head...

i have never had this problem b4 any help guys will be greatfull...:(

Some people pizz up wind to clean their shoes. If you pull a stunt like that on a dealer it's ok? But if a dealer tried short cutting you'd throw him under the nearest bus. If you're honest your dealer may work something out with you. But you get caught in a lie he'll more than likely tell you to fly a kite.

what percentage have straight gas that has been tried to be covered up?

Back