I made some chain vises

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends how much ya use it.

Ten minutes once a week .........or an hour plus a day.

I think I would go with pushing the foot pedal to release.
Then you could change your stance.

We were testing rivet pulling heads once.
A couple of hundred in plates was no problem.

But when they wanted 15,000 between jaw cleaning....

Whole new ball game.

I can imagine...
I would not want to file 15,000 cutters in a week...
I'd rather take a beating...

I got a personalized original... And a second generation model...

289362d1365456489-clamp-jpg

The boy has used the crap out of this one...

arrr ha h a good o
I was refuring to the cam locks though rather than the wing nuts
Its got the look of a good product yeah

I like! Are you thinking of making a good sized run of them? Are they in the trading post with details to purchase one and I just missed it??

Super nice job on those!

very nice!

very professional job,I'm in if you are taking orders .Revised version or not I would get a lot of use out of these.

Upon some requests I have decided to make yet another design with your input! If I go 11" without the full radius on one end one will be able to get 4 of one side cutters of a standard sequence chain in oneclamping. These vises would still be roller guide friendly but lose the full radius on the one end. I would then use 3 lever or cam locks to secure clamp.

What do you think?

Upon some requests I have decided to make yet another design with your input! If I go 11" without the full radius on one end one will be able to get 4 of one side cutters of a standard sequence chain in oneclamping. These vises would still be roller guide friendly but lose the full radius on the one end. I would then use 3 lever or cam locks to secure clamp.

What do you think?

Bingo, exactly what I was thinking. It got too late in a hurry for me to contact ya again. :dizzy:

What do you think?

Is it done yet? I want one.:msp_biggrin:

Might as well jump on the bandwagon... I'd be interested in one of the next generation vises.

Latest posts

Back