Efco MT 4400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exSW

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Ok Efco nuts(all three of you)what is this saw?The product lit isn't real clear but it is in with the pro/semi-pro stuff.Mag,aluminum,de tuned 152,just what is it?Also any feedback on Efco's top handle?Is it a viable competitor to the Echo 355(which they seem very proud of)?Just curious,not planning a purchase.

The 4400 is the same hp as the MS250, same rig with .325 chain, 16 or 18" bar. What's nice is that it is built on the same platform as the 3750 and 4100, very light and compact. 152 is a bigger platform, though it does fill the gap of the 147 which was on the 152 platform. It's a nice underbrush saw for light commercial users, or small felling. But it really is a homeowner rig to me. Plastic body, good performance but not a ripper like say the Dolmar 351/421. Value for money and the warranty make seal the deal, good all around homeowner rig for those who want to get in some small hardwood felling and bucking.

132S, I've moved a bunch and had NO issues. I have one guy running the Redmax version (same saw in other colors) every day all day for 3+ years and loves it. Not a pro saw like the 200T or Jons 2139T, but does a solid job for the part time climber and you can have two for less than the price of the 200. Deisgn is aging now, reed valve set up and all, but hey...if it aint broke. Only minor niggle is saw dust getting in the top of the brake mechanism and making it not engage, have to keep it blown out.

Sold one to a customer who used the heck out of it. Bought three chains so he could keep cutting between sharpenings. He wanted a J'red 2245 (which I couldn't get at the time) and he wasn't sure about the 4400. I rented it to him for a day. He came in he has a smile on his face the next day and said I couldn't pry the saw out of his hands and bought it. Loves it. Said his neighbor who is a Stihl snob came over and was very impressed with the saw. Just kept cutting. Haven't seen the saw back for anything. That's about all you can really saw about any tool you sell. The customer loves it and you don't see it back for repair or problems.

I've had none back either...I'd like to try one for a day...but no one brings one in!!! And I'm not gonna dirty a new one just because of curiosity. One day I'll get a hold of one.

By the way, Efco is now on Facebook. Just found out yesterday. Looks like they're trying to expand brand id.

They've been there a good length of time, I think I liked them over a year ago. Of course, my posts from them are in Italian so maybe the page you see is the US page? Gonna have a look...

If it handles anything like my 3500 & 2600 TH you should be pretty happy!

Efco has had a lot of bashing for not honoring warranty claims but I love my Efco saws. Easy to start, dependable, cut wood what more can I say. 2-156,1-956,5-165.1-7200,1-181,2-8200.
Shep

I looked at that saw at the dealer and think its a great addition to Efco's line, light, great features and very compact. I'd love to try one but I'm looking at something bigger. Add me to the fan club- the 152 opened my eyes to the brand.

I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone revisits this article, I would like to say that if you have a MT-4400, you owe it to yourself to remove the muffler and take a look inside. They must have a wire shooting machine that packs that muffler so tight with catalyst material, that you couldn't possible get more inside without some sort of hydraulic crushing device. Once you get that wire birds nest out of there and open up the exhaust guides, then remove the limiters and re-tune the saw, you'll have a real powerhouse on your hands. Saw has really high compression. I didn't have a pressure gauge for a peanut plug thread, but the saw reminded me of the old Stihl 024 models, and I had two that had compression over 200 psi. Fortunately, the MT-4400 has a decompression valve - thank you Efco! They have generous adjustable oilers as well, and they aren't the cheap nylon pump parts, as they are metal encased. They are surprisingly well built saws for the money. They are rated at 13,000 rpm, but I de-tuned mine a little. I need to hear the four cycling, and that sound is gone when you are at 13,000 rpm.

Back