Olympyk, Olympic, Oleo Mac, Emak, Efco, Blitz, Folux, Spartan, Spartacus thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's first on the list to make it in the truck. It's almost 32lbs with bar and chain and it's pulling a little over 200 psi so anyone man enough to pick it up and start it can run it. Mo. Jim, I'll make an exception for you... I won't make you start it. :msp_biggrin:

Shaun was true to his word,that saw will put a smile on your face. This saw is a beast and needs big wood to really shine.

just wondering about my Super 950F tillotson HK40 carb.. this carb got a nice hot soak in the ultrasonic parts washer. But this one has the plastic needle and seat plate. when that plate is removed there is a brass (? jet,check, ect) anyone know mine was full of corroded blue junk i cleaned it up but know i can look right into the venturi. so I'm starting to think this was mabye a non ethenol safe check valve and that the carb needs a new part. any ideas?

View attachment 302004 so this ipl list(32) as a main discharge nozzle. would that mean its wide open to the venturi ie. a jet

Last edited:
I picked up a 264F and a 271 today. What does the "F" indicate? I saw on CSCC that there's a 264 & a 264F.

Thanks!

Never really have heard what the F means. May be just a newer designation with chain brake. Theres also a 264 Deluxe that's only 59cc. That's another mystery of Olympics. Why is a 264 only 59 and 61 cc's. Also that 271 is only 66 cc's. Speaking of which, that 271 is a nice torquie saw. I love my 272. It needs a little TLC but you will like that one.

just wondering about my Super 950F tillotson HK40 carb.. this carb got a nice hot soak in the ultrasonic parts washer. But this one has the plastic needle and seat plate. when that plate is removed there is a brass (? jet,check, ect) anyone know mine was full of corroded blue junk i cleaned it up but know i can look right into the venturi. so I'm starting to think this was mabye a non ethenol safe check valve and that the carb needs a new part. any ideas?

View attachment 302004 so this ipl list(32) as a main discharge nozzle. would that mean its wide open to the venturi ie. a jet

I think this carb is screwed. any alternative carb solution?

that sounds promising. Where would i find more info on that? the ipl I have of there site is well poor like a chineese parts list.lol

Check Acres site I think they have the different models listed I only have the IPL for the 950 and 945. I do have the IPL for the 350 and the carb number for it is TSHS128B if that's any help. I would go look at my saws for you but I'm off work with a pinched nerve in my shoulder. I can't even use my computer mouse without grittin my teeth at the moment.

Check Acres site I think they have the different models listed I only have the IPL for the 950 and 945. I do have the IPL for the 350 and the carb number for it is TSHS128B if that's any help. I would go look at my saws for you but I'm off work with a pinched nerve in my shoulder. I can't even use my computer mouse without grittin my teeth at the moment.

I looked at acres site and only the 946 listed a walboro wta-6 series this 946 has a photo that also shows a completly different choke lever assy.

I looked at acres site and only the 946 listed a walboro wta-6 series this 946 has a photo that also shows a completly different choke lever assy.

Ok here is what I have in my little box of Oly parts that are left over from a hybred Cyclops saw that I rangled together out of carcuses. I thought I was putting a 945 top end on a 950 Super. I later found out that was impossible. I didn't take down serial numbers and was going off the numbers on the recoils. Obviously one of the stickers was wrong so I had either 2, 950's or 3, 945's.

But I have 2 carbs here that would fit either. One is a Walbro HDA. The numbers on the top are 21-245. 5-4. The Tilotson says HK40B. The saw I built ended up with a NOS carb from that women on Ebay that sold out her fathers shop about 4 years ago. I can't remember if I put on a Tilly or a Walbro. Holding the 2 carbs side by side they are the excact fit. Hope that helps.

Picked this one up a few days ago. Missing coil, carb and a few misc screws. has good compression tho. Pretty much got it for free. I think I have a parts 254 around here with a good coil and carb. View attachment 306976

Your lucky you have a spare coil, they're getting hard to find, those are tough old saws also simple to work on

I just love the way they feel and sound. They also don't look half bad eaither

When the paint is still stuck to them, they do look good. As long as the handles haven't been cobbled up.

They feel heavy for the size, most Olympiks did. Sound is on par with many more modern saws before the EPA got them all sounding like electric shavers.

pm'd you..
Ok here is what I have in my little box of Oly parts that are left over from a hybred Cyclops saw that I rangled together out of carcuses. I thought I was putting a 945 top end on a 950 Super. I later found out that was impossible. I didn't take down serial numbers and was going off the numbers on the recoils. Obviously one of the stickers was wrong so I had either 2, 950's or 3, 945's.

But I have 2 carbs here that would fit either. One is a Walbro HDA. The numbers on the top are 21-245. 5-4. The Tilotson says HK40B. The saw I built ended up with a NOS carb from that women on Ebay that sold out her fathers shop about 4 years ago. I can't remember if I put on a Tilly or a Walbro. Holding the 2 carbs side by side they are the excact fit. Hope that helps.

anyone got any idea what bar mount pattern the oly 240 uses? got a stihl bar on it right now but have no chain so before i buy a chain i need to make sure the bar will work.
also, anyone got a shop manual for the 240?
thanks, jerry

Back