Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another tuner down.........now he's really No-Show......

A beautiful day on the water......my pale self may have got a sunburn!!! Stopped in town and looked at that Saab 95.....real sweet...definitely something I will take for free!!

Camp was just the way I left it.......mice didn't even find away in!!!! It was very nice...not a soul to be seen.....lotsa sun.....

Stopped in town again on the way back......walked up and had a visit with my 85 yr old brother......and OK'd it with him that I stash the Saab at his place until we get down there later in the summer with a barge. Tried twice to catch up with the guy who has set me up with this little rig..but he was working....however just as I was typing this he called.....so it's a done deal......I'm now the proud owner!!!! Check out the last pic!!!!!......not a lot for a 1968...anything!!!!

That is a sweet looking car! I just showed Kelly and she is very jealous. :cheers:

Thanks Lee.....it is pretty sweet...only 14,000 miles.....been on the island nearly all it's life....only 14.8 miles of road on the island......got the original 1968 plates with it....new Weber carb came in the mail yesterday for it.....someone had beat on the throttle plate with a hammer on the original Solex carb.....and @$70 for a carb kit ...was not worth the gamble....impossible to get a decent idle with that kind of damage......Weber is a bit larger bore as well.......and shiny!!!

Thanks Lee.....it is pretty sweet...only 14,000 miles.....been on the island nearly all it's life....only 14.8 miles of road on the island......got the original 1968 plates with it....new Weber carb came in the mail yesterday for it.....someone had beat on the throttle plate with a hammer on the original Solex carb.....and @$70 for a carb kit ...was not worth the gamble....impossible to get a decent idle with that kind of damage......Weber is a bit larger bore as well.......and shiny!!!

That car has been around that island 1000 times, or 22 times/year! Haha! Pretty cushy job for that little car. :)

I was kind of hoping it was a 2-stroke. After seeing what you did to that "61" I can only imagine what that Saab would do. :) :cheers:

Morning guys.
Talked to my dad last night. Starting looking for my truck this winter. Toyota 4runner here I come. Nothing beats that 22re I4.... Best darn engine ever made. Most reliable truck ever made..... LOL

When I don't sleep much I can get up go much faster ! Got some sleep last night so I can't move fer ****. LOL
If I don't sleep I don't want to do nothing,I sleep I can't do nothing for a while ?
Can't see any win win there ? LOL

That be why I am the King Slug ! :msp_w00t:

That car has been around that island 1000 times, or 22 times/year! Haha! Pretty cushy job for that little car. :)

I was kind of hoping it was a 2-stroke. After seeing what you did to that "61" I can only imagine what that Saab would do. :) :cheers:

Yeah beggars can't be choosers....those Monte Carlo versions with the triple carbed 3 cyl racing engines were very hot in the turns on dry roads but were the very best in winter time ice racing on the lakes.....nothing could catch them.....engine sits well ahead of the front drive axels... whole car is quite light......the 7 passenger, 95 station wagon weighs in at a tad under 2,000 lbs.......the sedan (96) around 1,800 lbs...the Sonnett a tad more than 1,200lbs......even Niko would approve of those power to weight ratios

The Vee 4s were a bit more manageable/drivable..........but.....the oil measuring cup integrated in gas cap was very cool on the 2 smokers.....:cheers:

Getting anywhere on you boat motor swap Robin ?

Oh yeah.......long haul.....motor is the easy part......managed to get nearly all the bilge work finally completed yesterday....much more to go but most of the hard/difficult/planning way ahead, stuff is now done.....used nearly two gallons of resin....so far....got to get another this morning.....nearly a whole roll of 6" matt fiberglass too....

Oh yeah.......long haul.....motor is the easy part......managed to get nearly all the bilge work finally completed yesterday....much more to go but most of the hard/difficult/planning way ahead, stuff is now done.....used nearly two gallons of resin....so far....got to get another this morning.....nearly a whole roll of 6" matt fiberglass too....

Sounds like your building a boat rather than rebuilding ! LOL

Got to take the OL out or dinner tonight, its out anniversary. 7 years for this one. LOL Made it 9 on the first one , 5 on the second one. LOL
The 3 live ins , one made it it 2 yrs. another 9 months the other 3 months. LOL

No wonder I am a beat up POS now ! LOL

Morning guys.
Talked to my dad last night. Starting looking for my truck this winter. Toyota 4runner here I come. Nothing beats that 22re I4.... Best darn engine ever made. Most reliable truck ever made..... LOL

I agree!! Had two of Em! This third Tacoma we have has the 2.7 4. Not bad so far. 198,000 mi!

Started with hopes today would be different than yesterday....I guess my employees enjoy making me scream. Pour concrete yesterday, today we run it over with a class 8 Mack tractor and Landoll. Yesterday we hit a bridge with a backhoe being too tall...

Stupid things make this job suck!

It is sunny out and mid 80s. Saw parts to finish the 372 won't be in until next week.....should be a great weekend to ride the Buell a bit.

Jimmy....mobile.

Started with hopes today would be different than yesterday....I guess my employees enjoy making me scream. Pour concrete yesterday, today we run it over with a class 8 Mack tractor and Landoll. Yesterday we hit a bridge with a backhoe being too tall...

Stupid things make this job suck!

It is sunny out and mid 80s. Saw parts to finish the 372 won't be in until next week.....should be a great weekend to ride the Buell a bit.

Jimmy....mobile.

You sure you don't want the 2 coupons I gots , they quote you half , you collect all , their headaches , you smile LOL

Got to take the OL out or dinner tonight, its out anniversary. 7 years for this one. LOL Made it 9 on the first one , 5 on the second one. LOL
The 3 live ins , one made it it 2 yrs. another 9 months the other 3 months. LOL

No wonder I am a beat up POS now ! LOL

Happy Anniversary T!!! And many more!!! LOL :clap:

Back