I made some chain vises

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I catch your drift! Everything takes a lil getting used to. I thought at first you meant that there was something wrong with clamping mechanism.

Sad part about all this is I still only have a gen1...:dizzy:

You need to make one that operates on "The Force"...
That way, all I'd have to do, is think it tight...
Just sayin...
:matrix:

And stuff...

What if we first mounted the round file in an electric screwdriver, so that it spun, and we got rifling on the cutters? Think that the chips would fly farther and straighter?

Philbert

So are the Gen3's done and available yet? What do I need to do to get on the list for one?

Thanks,

Waylan

Here is a little preview of whats coming up.

Gen 3 is still in bar form and will make chips next week. I am taking my oldest daughter (she is 7) to an antique engine and tractor show to camp for the weekend so at work I will not be!!

On the rifleing note: I have thought up a way to mount a round stone (like for a grandberg grinder) in an old clippers or such and make a vibra hone so i just maybe could beat hedgrow someday!! :redface:

40415837.jpg

Gen 3 is still in bar form and will make chips next week. I am taking my oldest daughter (she is 7) to an antique engine and tractor show to camp for the weekend so at work I will not be!!

On the rifleing note: I have thought up a way to mount a round stone (like for a grandberg grinder) in an old clippers or such and make a vibra hone so i just maybe could beat hedgrow someday!! :redface:

That looks like aluminum - is that more Gen 2 or Gen 3?

Thanks,

Waylan

Looks very nice. I might have to get one of these for filing those super secret squirrel chains.;)

Hi Homelite410-

I sent you a private message w/ my info and would like to purchase 2 of the latest generation.
Please add me to your list if you haven't already for 2 of them -- I need one for me and one for my brother!

My brother wanted me to see if the guys in the shop at my work could create pretty much exactly what you have already done.
Much easier to just buy from you!

Thanks!

What's the problem with square filing on the longer ones? I square file on a saw or a bar in the vise now.

You sir are nothing but a tease.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: We are trying to wait patiently for the G3.

Hi all,

I made it back from the tractor show and would proudly like to share with all of you that my daughter got 3rd place in her first pedal tractor pull!! I am so proud of her and we had a great time!

The material pictured is aluminum and is for gen 2 (i already had it ordered before gen 3 was designed). I will be stopping tonight and getting the gen 3 material after work. Hopefully I can get some done this week. I can only work between mill jobs as they frown on us tearing down company jobs for personal jobs... It is wonderful that we can use the shop tho!

Hi all,

I made it back from the tractor show and would proudly like to share with all of you that my daughter got 3rd place in her first pedal tractor pull!! I am so proud of her and we had a great time!

The material pictured is aluminum and is for gen 2 (i already had it ordered before gen 3 was designed). I will be stopping tonight and getting the gen 3 material after work. Hopefully I can get some done this week. I can only work between mill jobs as they frown on us tearing down company jobs for personal jobs... It is wonderful that we can use the shop tho!

I got two semesters in machine shop when I was in tech school.......which was just a scratch on the surface of what I could have learned there. We were sorta poor so I worked as a work study student to make money for gas and eats........that was the best thing I could have ever done. After school was over each afternoon I got to help the shop teachers in both auto and the machine shop work on their personal projects (which overlapped big time) for the whole two years I was in school.

I'd say I learned much more in the evenings than I did during school hours.

Finally!!! Someone else with man hands!!!
I was beginning to worry about you guys....

It doesn't come without a price. The joints in my hands sometimes hurt while I'm working... turning a nut onto a bolt in a hard to access place is not fun. Doesn't help that I am double jointed in my fingers.

Doesn't help that sometimes I'm too damn stubborn to go get a wrench or ratchet/socket and just keep turning the fastener loose with my fingers. Some people would try to do that with the bolt or whatever I'm working on and they can't turn it by hand... few I knew could do so, but their hands didn't (and still don't) hurt as much as mine...

Even with intermittent joint pain, I just get on with it. Sometimes I slam my hand on the workbench to get something else for my brain to ##### about so I can actually get something done without joint pain, since the joint pain hinders the dexterity of my fingers.

I'm 21. Worked with my hands since I was little. Took everything I could find apart to figure out how it worked. Some got put back together... others, eh, not so much.

Everything has a price attached to it. Freedom is not free... peace isn't free, it is paid for in blood. Free objects are not free... you pay for it one way or another, either in repairs, or time. Gifts, however, are a different story, and should not be wasted.

There are things I wish I could do and stuff (hell, women as well) wish I could have, but I would not sell my soul for any of it. I'll do without.

Back