066 filter arrangements

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPA

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I purchased a used 066 project saw. It came with one of the oval type filters but it does not have the filter base.

I have the IPL, and it shows 3 different arrangements for the filter. Two are the oval filter and one is the flatish paper type. Since it came with the oval filter, I assume it was originally an oval filter base type saw.

The IPL shows two kinds of the oval type bases. One is plastic and one Magnesium as shown here.

View attachment 310178
View attachment 310180

So the question is which one for my saw. Is there a way to tell by the other parts on the saw? Is there a serial number cutoff from one type to the other? Will either work?

When I get this sorted out, Imma get one of those Watsonr Mako BB kits to replace the scored P&C :rock:

bump--in hopes that some big hearted soul would help a fella out.

I think it depends on the carb. In the plastic picture, it looks like that slot is a provision for the carb with the snorkel - that system they designed to help out in the condition of a clogged filter going rich. I think.

Does your carb have the snorkel? Post a pic.

Base in top pic is for rounded top covers. Bottom pic is for flat tops.

Did the 066 ever have a round top? Or was it the 660 when the round top was introduced?

Because if that's the case, like I think it is, then OP's 066 is a flat top and uses the mag base.......

Thanks for the help. I will be able to post a couple of pics tomorrow evening since I'll have a little free time then. Maybe this can get narrowed down.

Did the 066 ever have a round top? Or was it the 660 when the round top was introduced?

Because if that's the case, like I think it is, then OP's 066 is a flat top and uses the mag base.......

The last 4 or so years of 066 had rounded top covers.
Both pics are of 066 filter bases, (the first one) has a 1122 part number and like Nardoo said is for round top cover models.

Filter base 1122 120 3411 is for the oval filter with flat top covers.
If you have late model rounded top covers you want 1122 120 3402.

Yes the plastic one should fit your setup. And yes there is a third (also plastic) one you don't know about ;) but it's for the non HD filter so you don't need to worry about that!

The filter base goes underneath that flange that is bolted onto the carb studs. Then the filter goes on the flange.

Latest posts

Back