white pine price per board feet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone offering to pay 500 or more for white pine is going to have sexual intercourse with you. And you won't even know it happened until they are gone.

IMO, and this is generally speaking, white pine is bringing 320-340 per thousand board feet delivered in to the mill. So, after trucking, figure 265-285 per thousand. Now, what the buyer pays the landowner comes out of that. Generally, 150 - 200 per thousand, depending on the contractor and the terrain, and the kind of wood you have. Huge 800-1000 BF pines with no limbs for 60', you should be getting 200 or more- and I am talking a straight through price, all grades except "pallet" or "industrial". If the wood is short, one maybe two logs, and limby all the way, figure 120-150 per thousand. If it's close by, easy skidding, expect more. If the wood is on the back side of a Mt., and is 3.4 of a mile or more away...figure less.

I am getting $265 on the landing. I generally pay $150-$180. Depends on the wood, and where it is.

:arg:
I apologize for the derail, I just stumbled across this thread.
I don't want to sell any Pine but I'm going to be dropping some Pines in
the Lakes Region area of NH for a home owner who would like to have them
taken away. Does anyone still do that? What length is good to cut them?
Again, I apologize for the derail, trying to establish a relationship with someone
interested in picking up some Pine logs.
If I'm out of line with this post I'll take my whoopin' now. I don't mind, if I deserve it. :hmm3grin2orange:

Again, I apologize for the derail, trying to establish a relationship with someone
If I'm out of line with this post I'll take my whoopin' now. I don't mind, if I deserve it. :hmm3grin2orange:

What town?

What town?

I'll be dropping the trees in Belmont..... :msp_smile:

Ok? Whats the tree sizes and diameters? Also whats your price and when?

DBH is 24" - 48", but the "good" wood will range maybe 12" to about 30", they're "bulls".
Three trees (for right now) about 90' - 100' height. Not lookin' to make money on 'em, just like
to have 'em picked up.....haven't set the date yet but, sometime within the next 2-3 weeks. :D
The home owner has more he'd like to take down, but that's not definite, only maybe..... :msp_rolleyes:

What the home owner said was, "I have more I'll cut if that helps to get them picked up....." :dunno:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

DBH is 24" - 48", but the "good" wood will range maybe 12" to about 30", they're "bulls".
Three trees (for right now) about 90' - 100' height. Not lookin' to make money on 'em, just like
to have 'em picked up.....haven't set the date yet but, sometime within the next 2-3 weeks. :D
The home owner has more he'd like to take down, but that's not definite, only maybe..... :msp_rolleyes:

What the home owner said was, "I have more I'll cut if that helps to get them picked up....." :dunno:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks,

But I cant use those trees for my purposes. Good luck

I sold pine off the landing in southern NH this week for $200.00 per thousand BF. The trees ranged from 20"-32" at the stump. I was able to get 12'-6", 14'-6" and 16'-6" logs for the most part. There were a few 8'-6" and 10'-6". Eights and tens are less valuable.

Sometimes you just have to jump in with two feet first and start swimming. Get the logs on the deck, limbed and cut to length. This way a buyer knows you mean business. Five thousand board feet isn't much to a log buyer and they are apt to not want to talk about what they will pay. If you had a 100,000 BF then they would certainly be willing to talk.

In my case I didn't even ask what they were paying. I called and told them what I had on the landing and asked if they were interested. Being that the logs were ready to go, enough to fill a log truck, and the access was easy, they jumped on it.

Have you cut logs to be sold to mills before?

The trees pictured are not the best quality, and they are close to a house, making them low value. Trees near homes are known for having iron in the butt log. To sweeten the deal you are going to need more logs and better quality.

When cutting logs to saw log length, longer is better. But as you go longer odds of a crook or sweep increase. Sweep and crooks detract value. Thus, it is a juggling act to maximize income based on an imperfect log. Sometimes you have to knock a 2 foot section out of a tree because of a crook then begin measuring out the next log.

Large knots detract value as well. Nothing can fix large knots, just have to deal with the hand you are given.

This website below may be a of some help to you.
http://www.hhp-inc.com/uploads/PDF/Henniker Pricing.PDF

Ok? Whats the tree sizes and diameters? Also whats your price and when?

Thought you might be interested......, I just dropped 6 Pines in Dunbarton. All single stem, average 24" DBH.
I did bust one trunk at about 25 or 30 ft when I dropped 'em, but the other 5 are around 50'. I just posted the
pictures on my facebook page(Randy Morrissette). I dropped three on Saturday and three on Monday.
I only dropped 'em, I'm done with the job, but I know the home owner wants to get rid of 'em. If you're interested
I can get you his number..... :msp_thumbup:
FYI, they're all next to his driveway..... ;)

Latest posts

Back