Jonsered 451EV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exSW

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Ok,what am I looking at?I drug it home simply because it has a nice 16",.50,replaceable roller nose bar on it and I believe it's a Windsor(at least it says made in Canada).I have not spark or compression checked it yet and its missing the filter cover but not the filter...go figure.Did a little search couldn't figure the two switches,heated handles oh boy.

Last edited:
It is a relatively light 44cc "limbing saw" from the late 1970s - Spike60 is the only "expert" I know of regarding that model.

Little bored this morning so I investigated my find further.125 lbs of compression,all kinds of spark,hey maybe this thing might run.Dump out the old gas put in new, prime the carb,no choke linkage, explains the missing filter cover.Crank,crank,crank nothin'.Pull the plug,wet must have flooded it.Put the plug back in. Crank...crank NOISE,it lives.Rev,rev,rev then it dies.Must need the Tilly rebuilt which I doubt I'll do.Best part is the bar.It IS a Windser,3/8P, 16TMX50SN,K90X(mount?)replaceable tip.I think it will work on the Dolmar 420(update it does and oils well) but I haven't tried yet.Hell,all the paints not off the bar yet.Here's where I crow,$15.00,yes I suck,the bars worth that.

Last edited:
It is probably that damn HK carb that is giving it fits coupled with sort of low compression. Those plastic disks in that carb warp and cause all kinds of problems, or so I have been told by Lakeside.

Tell me a little more about this carb.It's a Tillotson,made in the USA right on it,on a Swede saw,huh.Is there a kit number for it?I was thinking comp was kinda borderline.I'd pull the muffler but I'm leary of busting off a stud.I sorta hate to knock it in the head when it's trying to nurse.And it is all Jred not a JredHuskaPou kinda neat.

Latest posts

Back