Saw haul from an auction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jjrtd91

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was at yet another auction a couple weeks ago, and happened upon these fine saws haha.
I think I have a little over 215 in all of them.

First up are the Huskies.
2 are more or less just parts saws, but both have great compression
There are 2 345's, and one 346xp.
The p/c on the 346 was trashed, but it came with a new p/c, gasket, muffler, and crank bearings.
I cleaned the inside up, changed those out, and the saw runs great. (Just missing a side cover)

Next I got an Echo 280E that didn't need anything to run, just put some fresh mix in it, and it runs like a top.

And I hate to admit it, I did get a wild thing, but only because three saws were sold in one lot.

The last of the bunch was a 10-10S. Cleaned the carb, and it runs as well.

I know you guys love pics, so here they are, in all their dirty glory.

View attachment 308031View attachment 308030View attachment 308032View attachment 308033View attachment 308034

Nice batch of saws indeed.
My local saw shop has a 280e for sale, a "recon" I guess you'd call it.
It's way old like yours, no chain brake etc, but doesn't look to bad.
$80 isn't cheap for an old saw, but being from this shop I'm comfortable/know it'll run great.
Do you have any experience with these saws other than this one you have now?

Thanks, Art

$80 isn't cheap for an old saw, but being from this shop I'm comfortable/know it'll run great.
Thanks, Art

Those little Echo 280E's (Little Champs) are way under rated saws. I have a bunch of them and they are sure fun to use. I have a couple with chain brakes for climbing but don't worry about using yours - they handle really well.

Thanks for the positive feedback, if all goes well this afternoon I'll have some cash for the "Little Champ".
A co-worker has some landscape clean up to do and wants to buy one of my extra saws.
He's narrowed it down to either my Homelite 250 or Echo cs451vl.
I'm trying to broaden the variety of sizes in my collection, most of my saws are about 40-50cc w/ 14-20'' bars.
Those are good handy all-around saws, but I want a small saw or two and a larger saw in the future.
Most of my saws have been older models without chain brakes or even hand guards, I like the simplicity of them that way.
Heck, my ol' Super EZ Automatic didn't even have a bucking spike on it my first half dozen years of Sierra living.

Last edited:

Thanks, Art

Hey, I hadn't checked this thread In awhile, but the little echo does very well. I've mainly used it for clearing brush around where I will be deer hunting this year. Nice little saw, they are very light, and very easy on fuel. So far the biggest thing I've cut with it were a few limbs that were maybe 4 inches thick. It buzzed right through them really easily. I have found that the choke on them can be a little funky at times. It can sometimes be a little tricky to get it to set on half choke. Other than that, it's a nimble little top handle. 80 bucks for one wouldn't be all that bad, especially if it is coming from a well known shop.

Latest posts

Back