So I built another splitter...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see some of that paint rubbed off the wedge on that beauty. Once again, very nice job. Wish it was mine.

The whole hydro system has just over 15 gallons. I just wish I had more room to split. Pile got awfully big in no time! Splitting went really quick when I had my brother feeding the log lift. I assume he thinks if he helps he will be able to barrow it when he starts on his wood supply..

Nice splitter Alex!!
Yes, it sure is nice when someone is feeding ya rounds!!
And work tables are the shizz!!!

Nice splitter Alex!!
Yes, it sure is nice when someone is feeding ya rounds!!
And work tables are the shizz!!!

Thanks Matt, I was worried that I wouldn't like this style of splitter. Takes some thinking with the adjustable 4way but over time I'm sure it will be second nature.

Nice splitter. I like the lift. Been splitting for a couple weeks now and the back could really use a rest after putting 36" oak butt ends up on the splitter. Even after sawing them in half!

Thanks Matt, I was worried that I wouldn't like this style of splitter. Takes some thinking with the adjustable 4way but over time I'm sure it will be second nature.

I would soooo love to have an adjustable 4 way on my big splitter...
After using your splitter a while, I bet you would like to have about 10 cord of perfect 10-12" rounds...
Those are the ultimate in efficiency for making firewood...
:msp_wink:

I would soooo love to have an adjustable 4 way on my big splitter...
After using your splitter a while, I bet you would like to have about 10 cord of perfect 10-12" rounds...
Those are the ultimate in efficiency for making firewood...
:msp_wink:

That's what we should do Matt, save all our 10 and 12 inch rounds for the gtg. You bring your splitter and we will have races!

If it's red oak, I'll put the 6 way on...
No charge for all the freaking schrapnel it makes...:laugh:

6 way eh? I suppose I could weld one up quick... Maybe I'll send the kohler to Shaun for a day or two.. Knowing him I would get it back and have to run part nytro in it..

Back