Stihl MS441 vs Husky 462 XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmboss45

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Stihl MS441 vs Husky 562 XP

Got to run the new Huskey autotune today. The local dealer has been after me for some time because he knows I am a Stihl guy. He said it would eat my Stihl for lunch, even though my saw is bigger. I told him I would give it a try, heck, a new toy to play with, HELL YEA! Was not a bad day in the woods to play either so away I went. I recently had some timber cut out of my woods, red oak, maple, a couple walnut and cherry, so I have about 30 tops to get cleaned up. Normally I would not bother with them until the leaves suck the last of the moisture out that they can, but there was 1 in the corner of my corn field that did not cooperate. I will give Huskey credit, it is a nice saw, a little lighter than mine, cuts fast, good power. Thats where I will stop though. I am running skip tooth on my 441, and it hauls the mail through that red oak!! I will not be tradeing any time soon, a lot more power and speed, but it is a bigger cc saw.

Last edited:
Why the skip with those short bars? Full comp is usually faster especially on a 20".

I am only running skip on the 25" bar, not on the smaller saws. My local Stihl dealer talked me in the trying it out when I bought the bigger bar for my 441. I think it runs a lot faster than the other.

You may be surprised by which one actually cuts faster. The skip let's the saw turn more RPMs but the chain isn't pulling as many chips out. I tested it with a 394 and 24" or 28" bars.

I'm impressed with the 562XP, no doubt about it. Ran a damned fast one at the West/Central OH GTG in June and it was sweet. And no, it won't be picking on my 441 M-Tronic for sure.

First oak top cut up, stacked and cleaned up, the rest will wait for leaves off. I almost hate to return that saw, ran it a lot today, whipped through the medium/large stuff FAST. Light weight as well, nice saw!

Back