Who should I get to port my new Husqvarna 555?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would almost be willing to bet that between randy and myself we have ported more of the autotunes than all the other porters combined.

Terry Landrum (tlandrum)did my Jonsered 2253 and 2260 which are both AT saws. I havent had any wood to compare performance, but I did cut up a stump with the 2253 this weekend. It went through it with long uniform chips quickly piling up at my feet. I dint pull out the 346 Mastermind ported for me as the stump was cut quickly up before I took a break.

I'll be taking down a double big oak as soon as the weather gets down to 80.

I'll try to remember to take some videos for comparison. I guess I can run the 2260 against my 371, should be interesting. The 346 and the 2253 will be close together. Which is really amazing.

I'm not a sponsor, but I've always wanted to port a saw. I have a new angle grinder, and a bunch of drill bits that are pretty sharp.:msp_rolleyes:

Almost forgot, I'm not backed up at all.

I thought all you needed was a hammer, chisel, file, 40 grit sandpaper and blue goo.

RE- Randy Evans (aka Mastermind) and TL- Terry Landrum (Wicked Work Saws) would be my choice for the Auto Tunes. TL is known for his Husq saws and Ive heard he builds mean 346, 550s, 2260s, 562s, 372s and such. As far as Randy goes- my thoughts regarding his saws can be summed up in my Signature. :bowdown:

Terry Landrum (tlandrum)did my Jonsered 2253 and 2260 which are both AT saws. I havent had any wood to compare performance, but I did cut up a stump with the 2253 this weekend. It went through it with long uniform chips quickly piling up at my feet. I dint pull out the 346 Mastermind ported for me as the stump was cut quickly up before I took a break.

I'll be taking down a double big oak as soon as the weather gets down to 80.

I'll try to remember to take some videos for comparison. I guess I can run the 2260 against my 371, should be interesting. The 346 and the 2253 will be close together. Which is really amazing.

You cut that stump off with a 2253? :bowdown:

I'm not a sponsor, but I've always wanted to port a saw. I have a new angle grinder, and a bunch of drill bits that are pretty sharp.:msp_rolleyes:

Almost forgot, I'm not backed up at all.

Oh ya? I own a wood rasp, a belt sander, and a variety of old rusty hammers and some chisels...

Latest posts

Back