Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is not Poulan content but some of you may want to use this test for ethanol if you haven't seen it before.
I've used the test just using a small glass jar and marking the water level with a piece of tape on the jar. It does work.

Test gasoline for ethanol - YouTube

Bailey's has the Tiny Tester for $5.99. It's the same concept, they just make it really simple to use.
I really like mine.

313838d1378776825-2013-09-09_21-30-44-jpg

View attachment 313838

I ran off a couple a few minutes ago. I am really liking this vinyl, close match and a nice high gloss. Here is a 10" on my fridge (yes I have a good wife that lets me sticker the fridge up).

Last edited:
Do the starter housings interchange between the 306 and 245?
Yes, and the seals do too. If you replace the rope on one of them, it has to have a tiny nail or a brad stuck crosswise in the end to keep it from pulling out of the pulley. Not enough room inside the pulley for a knot...

Do a search for http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/197286-2.htm as they are all available aftermarket in a thread here somewhere. :dizzy:

Thanks for the info and the reminder on the nail in the rope. :rock:

313845d1378777735-2013-09-09_21-08-24-jpg

Here is the second design. I will run off however many off that are requested, and then a handful of "CounterVibe" decals on request to go with the Poulan decals. I can give you guys a rough idea of cost, but this is just a thing I am going to do for the GTG. I will play it by ear, see if this vinyl stuff is worth fooling around with- beyond what I do with it already, and if so pursue a sponsorship and offer decals services to the community. So at the moment, GTG only- and when work slows down in a month or so maybe I can do some mail order for folks. So I guess we can call this a test run, but you can bet the quality will be 110%.

Last edited:
That looks good, I'm in for a couple!

The link didn't work for the other one.

Thanks Mark, I will take care of you on them. Don't know whats going on with the other link. I have been uploading and imbedding through the site instead of Photobucket, just about to get it fingered out ha.

313845d1378777735-2013-09-09_21-08-24-jpg

Here is the second design. I will run off however many off that are requested, and then a handful of "CounterVibe" decals on request to go with the Poulan decals. I can give you guys a rough idea of cost, but this is just a thing I am going to do for the GTG. I will play it by ear, see if this vinyl stuff is worth fooling around with- beyond what I do with it already, and if so pursue a sponsorship and offer decals services to the community. So at the moment, GTG only- and when work slows down in a month or so maybe I can do some mail order for folks. So I guess we can call this a test run, but you can bet the quality will be 110%.

im in if you get around to mail order.... for both.

possible PP475 PTO side seal

I downloaded the Dichtomatik seal catalog today and had a look for the 475PTO side seal.
Size to look for is 17mm X 35mm X 4mm (3000FPS)

http://www.dichtomatik.mx/catalogos/Dichtomatik_Catalog_2012.pdf

They have two nitrile seals that may work. They have the rubber coating on the case which wraps the end according to their pics which possibly could be sanded back to get to 4mm. Page 74 in the catalog

17X35X5SC (5mm depth, single lip)
17X35X5TC ( 5mmdepth double lip)

Has anyone ran a 8500 next to a 655? I know the 8500 is an impressive 85 cc saw and it will hand my pm1000 its rear, just wondering if it will run with the 655.

For all of you GTG guys...

Would any of you be interested in die-cut Poulan vinyl decals? Price will be around $.080 an inch ($8.00 for a 10" long decal, $4.00 for a 5" decal) with a discounted price for multiples. I can custom order, just let me know in advance. I will try and pop out a few examples tomorrow night. These will all be cut on Poulan green outdoor vinyl, and will look fantastic. I plan on cutting mostly "Poulan" logos, and a maybe some "Poulan CounterVibe" decals, both would look great in the back of a truck window. Thought you guys might be interested, just give me a shout. Really looking forward to the GTG this year, had a great time last year!

Put me down for two of the 10'' poulan decals.

Has anyone ran a 8500 next to a 655? I know the 8500 is an impressive 85 cc saw and it will hand my pm1000 its rear, just wondering if it will run with the 655.

The 8500 is a very good impressive saw...I have owned both the 8500 and the 655 and as much as it kills me to say this the 8500 does not have what it takes to run with the 655 IMO. Keep in mind the 655 has 13 or 14cc on the 8500 though. 655 = ANIMAL:msp_scared:

Back