Jonsered 455

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sld961

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I need some info on a Jonsered 455. The search function isn't working and if I click on a link for AS in Google, I get an error 404 page. There isn't much info out there in these saws.

I assume it's a 55cc saw? Is it a homeowner or pro saw? When were they made? Most of all, what's it worth?

A guy wants to make a trade deal with me, so I need some info on this saw.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Homeowner clamshell design with a self contained engine and the rest of the saw is plastic.

It is a 1st generation Strato design

Actually it is a pretty nice saw and easy to work on

The Jonsered 455 is a 44cc saw from the 1980s - and the "family" it belongs to (520 Family) are among the least popular Jonsereds.

Homeowner clamshell design with a self contained engine and the rest of the saw is plastic.

It is a 1st generation Strato design

Actually it is a pretty nice saw and easy to work on

That my friend, is the 2155, that is the Husky 455 in red. :msp_wink:

The only Johnny's I ever get to see are at Get Togethers

Thanks guys, that's all I need to know. I declined the offer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I kinda like my 455, and the 490 too. Seriously.

I also like clams.

Fried, mostly.

:msp_smile:

I purchase mine in 1990 brand new it costed me $250...... Haven't put any penny in it except for regular maintenance. It is not a pro-saw but for 45cc of power it is plenty for the small jobs.
I have most of the Jonny-red stuff. I like that brand because I find them easy to work on but this is a personal choice.
I like better my old diesel saw...Jonsered model "P" (Prototype) only 460 made for the test run after the production of the Como diesel...before the very first model XA....
Running , I get a lot of attention.... for those who knows what I am talking about.
Alain,

I purchase mine in 1990 brand new it costed me $250...... Haven't put any penny in it except for regular maintenance. It is not a pro-saw but for 45cc of power it is plenty for the small jobs.
I have most of the Jonny-red stuff. I like that brand because I find them easy to work on but this is a personal choice.
I like better my old diesel saw...Jonsered model "P" (Prototype) only 460 made for the test run after the production of the Como diesel...before the very first model XA....
Running , I get a lot of attention.... for those who knows what I am talking about.
Alain,

Oh, VERY cool! I've heard about them, but never seen one in person. We need some pics!:D

Diesel Jonsered? You had me at JONSERED! Pictures? Thanks ... I have a 630 West Coast. Is 30 yrs older and lighter/more powerful that my brother's Stihl 270. They're made in Sweden, but hey, no one's perfect!!

Alain,

Welcome to AS sir, I've seen your museum on your site. Very nice. I hope you stay around here a while.
je

Latest posts

Back