Lets do a SugiHara bar blowout!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been following this.....damn mister, there is already online ways to get these bars that I have used frequently, would like to help an "AS" guy just need a good reason.

For all those who are not familiar, the large mounts typically come with a "Stihl" sized slot and you have to adapt them down to fit your saw. For Husqvarna's I've used the "Bailey's" Stihl to Husqvarna bar adapter. Very well done machined piece of aluminum for around $10 bucks. I have Sugihara's from the distributer on a Solo 603, Jonsered 920, 2 18in large mount Husqvarna's (2172 & 371/365), as well as a 16in small mount on my 238. Just love the product, great bars that do in my experience last longer than Power Match Oregon's..maybe 1.5 times in my experience; but also look cool and are light.

So if your planning a group buy and the price & delivery after shipping makes sense, I am a candidate. Plan one 18" for my 555 & a 20" later this fall for my 365/371. Was going to buy the 18" this week...but I'll wait and see where this goes...

Last edited:
So you are getting them through HEV as they are the only US distributer? I gather all the bar styles we want are still made, but they won't order them in because they don't sell enough. That is frustrating. Sure would be nice if you could get them straight from Japan. That being said, I will order a few for sure once you get things squared away. 24" and 36" large Husky. I would also be interested in some standard weight versions if you include them.

Last edited:
great idea

I am interested in one maybe 2 small mount 16 .325 stihl I can convert to my huskys. Also a large mount 24in 84dl .

Is it just me or does anbody else want a 18" .325 .050 bar. Thats the perfect size for my 346 and 026. Just a bit more reach for limbing than a 16" and it balances perfect in either saw.

I would be in for a Stihl mount 24" 3/8 .050. Also 18" husky .325 .050. Also a 20" Stihl mount 3/8 .050. Maybe more......

Color me confused.You can get a 16",50 in .325 but you can't get one in 3/8?The only difference is the replaceable tip.

might be interested in a 3/8 .050 20'' bar for a Stihl. The lightweight version is worth a try lol

I'd be interested in the following in Stihl mount:
20" 3/8 .063
18" .325 .063
24" 3/8 .063, LW if available

Might consider .050 in the 18" and 20" if .063 isn't available.

Everything they offer is .050 and 20", 24", 28" in Stihl or large Husky mount and everything is reduced weight....

The Stihl mount is offered in .050 or .063 for the 32" and .063 in 36"

Large Husky is .063 for the 32" and 36".

There are two reduced weight hard nosed bars (more $$ than regular reduced weight) and two bars that are not reduced weight (a little less $$ than reduced weight) and are nearly the same as the Total bar.

I can get an 18" in 3/8 .050 for a small Husky mount on a close out deal, there are a limited number of these bars. They offer a tip in .325 for $18 so you could make it an 18" .325.

I can special order a 16" .325 in Stihl mount that uses spacers to fit a small Husky mount or I can get a Stihl in 18" .325 and the spacers. There is a minimum that I would need to order.. looks like at least 15 bars of this size to get the deal. AND they will need to come from the manufacturer (Japan), even these bars will be reduced weight. They say the 16" bar is almost 1 pound lighter than a normal bar! The weight difference in longer bars is less noticeable.

There isn't anything else to choose. Not trying to be rude or unwilling to accommodate you, but they are very limited on what they are importing and without a special order and a pretty good minimum order of that size, they aren't doing it.

If I order direct from Japan, they want 50 bars of the size I order, meaning 50x 16" .325 and 50x 20" 3/8 Stihl. I can't do that, sorry. If I had $25K sitting here for this deal, no problem but I don't.

The bad thing is, these guys who import these kinds of bars, like the Tsumura as well, are dropping the smaller Stihl and Husky bars due to lack of sales. I had to ask the owner for a 15 bar limit, sales rep told me 30 minimum for the small length bars. I need you guys to help me decide either 16" .325 or 18" .325 and those will be Stihl mount and I'll provide the spacers to make it fit the small Husky mount. Right now I'm leaning toward the 16" length as they are more popular..... anything left over I'm stuck with.

Henry and I are going to carry these on the site so you can order any time you want one.... however the price will be closer to retail and not the group buy rates and shipping will be up. I'm paying shipping from Fresno to Virginia Beach for the group buy, your paying shipping from here to you.

You can go to the Weedeaterman site right now and see the bars on the home page. There is even a hyper-link right there to help you pick the bar you want by the model of the saw you own and I HIGHLY recommend you do that. When the time comes, I'll need your real email address and what bar(s) you want by part number. Spacers are included with the bar you order, just make sure you remind me you want spacers so I can ask specifically for your saw model to fit the studs.

I'll update this thread as I get more information and I'll start a new thread to announce the group buy once I'm ready. These bars cost a little more because they last longer and they look pretty :msp_cool: Don't miss this sale or you'll be :buttkick: sorry when all the cool saw pics start showing up!

Hell yeah, I've been talking with HEV, Inc about getting some bars, I want about 8 lightweight bars, but have limited myself to 3 or 4 that I would considered "needed", but we all know there's no true "needed" lightweight bar when it comes to 16" to 24", those are all wants. Give us some pricing and I'll buy a few atleast.

I can get an 18" in 3/8 .050 for a small Husky mount on a close out deal, there are a limited number of these bars. They offer a tip in .325 for $18 so you could make it an 18" .325.

OK,this one has my attention.

Either of those sizes are a special order and I'd have to.order 15. I figured more interest in the .325, was I wrong? You can get the tip for $15-20 and convert it if you want.

I can only speak for myself.I'm trying to upgrade the bar on my Dolmar 420 which comes 3/8 50.In my mind if you got a small saw you like well enough to upgrade the bar you're looking at 3/8 50.What do the other well liked small mount saws come with?

I also would like to get on the list for a couple AT2U-0Q46HV 18" 3/8 x .050 small Husky bars.

Sounds good about 18" 3/8 I thought the .325 was the easier one to get, but I wanted 3/8 all along.

I just had my 3 Tsumara Total bars arrive and the missus put that peg on her nose and started carrying on. Now Randy decides he's going to be a Sugi Dealer and give us good deals on Sugi light bars!! Geez I'm heading 4 divorse as is......Alright, I'm in, I'll take 3 just need to work out what sizes. :msp_scared:

If we can get .325 I'd love to get an 18in stihl mount! In addition to the one I already said I wanted lol.

Back