Was Arboristsite Hacked? Is Arboristsite Down?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlRockin'

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Ok, from a SEO professional,(look it up) I'm typing this along with a legitimate concern...

We know this site was hacked and would like to know what happened and what has been done(without revealing important info) as to what has been done to secure it in the future?

I "StihlRockin' ", personally LOVE this site. I'm starting this thread so that our members can really get a grasp on what happened and learn "where" we can go if this happens again... instead of another forum!

I ask the management to please accept my post so that the search engines can find us to learn what happened why arboristsite.com got hacked or why arboristsite.com was down(google stuff.. LOL!) and offer a place that is a one-stop-shop or conglomerated place where we can gather to get a "fix" on wtf took place! You feelin' me?

Anyway... I was having an "Arboristsite" moment and wanted to ask y'all a question and about had a fit when I couldn't access the %$!@*%! forum!

Can someone give us a concrete explanation to as what went wrong or what happened?

Personally I'm very happy I can access the forum again, but for present and future reference, would like to know the situation, etc, etc.

Thank you very much for allowing me here on this fine forum and to learn and edumucate myself in the fine art of wood, trees and everything in between!!!!!!!

They call me...

StihlRockin'

P.S. "Management, iffen you have problems or questions about my post or questions, I mean no harm and feel free to contact me about my intentions... which are only meant to clarify my fit. LOL!"

Last edited:
Ok, from a SEO professional,(look it up) I'm typing this along with a legitimate concern...

We know this site was hacked and would like to know what happened and what has been done(without revealing important info) as to what has been done to secure it in the future?

I "StihlRockin' ", personally LOVE this site. I'm starting this thread so that our members can really get a grasp on what happened and learn "where" we can go if this happens again... instead of another forum!

I ask the management to please accept my post so that the search engines can find us to learn what happened why arboristsite.com got hacked or why arboristsite.com was down(google stuff.. LOL!) and offer a place that is a one-stop-shop or conglomerated place where we can gather to get a "fix" on wtf took place! You feelin' me?

Anyway... I was having an "Arboristsite" moment and wanted to ask y'all a question and about had a fit when I couldn't access the %$!@*%! forum!

Can someone give us a concrete explanation to as what went wrong or what happened?

Personally I'm very happy I can access the forum again, but for present and future reference, would like to know the situation, etc, etc.

Thank you very much for allowing me here on this fine forum and to learn and edumucate myself in the fine art of wood, trees and everything in between!!!!!!!

They call me...

StihlRockin'

P.S. "Management, iffen you have problems or questions about my post or questions, I mean no harm and feel free to contact me about my intentions... which are only meant to clarify my fit. LOL!"

Have patience. They're working on it.

I think all of those link spammers I keep reporting finally got pissed off enough to gang up and shut us down :blob2:

From my side all is well. And I'm not necessarily asking this on my own behalf, but for Google to pick it up and for our users to know what's going on. When I couldn't get here, instead being redirected to another page, I had to find out the problem by going to a different forum.

If Arboristsite had a brother site that can be used as a temp back-up in the event this site crashed or got hacked, etc, at least the members could know what's going on and where they can re-group instead of being refugees having to go to a different forum. It's simply a preemptive plan in case of something similar happening again. I once had the fastest growing forum in another industry/venue, so I know a bit about these concerns.

StihlRockin' :msp_smile:

My computer seems to have picked up some sort of malware from that linkbucks deal.

Don't know about that but I didn't like what I saw. So I blocked linkbucks at my router so they can't bother anything on my network. Arboristsite will only load to the point it gets redirected to linkbucks then nothing. I too would like to know what's going on and how they are getting into the site. I'm an administrator for another unrelated site and can understand the frustration. After all of this I probably would want to make somebody pay for messing up my site.

I haven't been getting the redirect today. Let us know if you see it again. Huge relief so far. You can't sue somebody when you don't know who is responsible.

The settings page is blank, and email notifications are random at best......

Yep. My settings page is blank, although it was working up until yesterday.

If it helps, I have not had any problems with the previously mentioned redirects; probably because I have a strongly edited host file that prevents many of those from working.

There is no place for me to sign in all i see in the right corner is 'register' and 'facebook'

Sent from my AutoTune carb

I just got the linkbucks thing within the last hour.

I went and blocked their site in my router settings.

So far so good.

Latest posts

Back