Insert Advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn
Reaction score
My Mother in-law is retired now. Fixed Income, she just told me and my BIL that it costs her @1500 a winter to heat her place with oil. She has a insert fireplace in her double wide. What insert woodstove do you guys suggest. Im looking for a answer from a owner not a salesman. Both my brother in-law and I heat with wood, and we figure we could each pitch in a cord or two, so even if she just supplements its gonna help her bills. So fellas what models do you suggest? And approximate price ? Thanks Fellas, Matt ;)

Blaze King princess model check them out Blaze King Industries Price is probably going to be in the 2k range maybe 3K with new pipe, but the stove will pay for itself in two years then after that your way ahead of the game. It will be the best investment you will make. A stove that is efficient enough to heat all the time with will get used all the time instead of a cheap stove that eats wood like a maniac will only get used a couple of times before you get tired of throwing wood in it every couple of hours instead of once a day.

Last edited:
I strongly agree with the Blaze King insert. My folks have had one for about 25 years, not nearly as efficient as the new models. Very durable and dependable wood burners. Nice looking also.

Pacific Energy makes great stoves at great prices , we have a Pacific insert cost was less than $1500.00 7 years ago , the size of her fireplace will dictate the size of insert she can buy

Thanks for the answers guys, Ill have to do some research then sit her down and have a lil "Talk". Like you guys said, existing size and her budget will dictate what were gonna do. Im gonna have to brake down the "It pays for itself in one winter" speech. Thanks again fellas.

I'm a sales guy and an owner. I'll just repeat what I said in the other thread.

Ok, so two things have not been taken into consideration 1) your budget 2) the size of the fireplace it will go in.

An insert will set you back at around $1k to $2K +. A cat insert even more. Then you have to factor in the liner ( You must have a liner, if you vent in a 6" or more chimney) That's an additional $500 +

Then... You have to measure your fireplace and look at units that will fit in there. Get the biggest one that will fit.

You may want to consider Osburn. It packs a lot of value for the dollar. Retails a lot less than some of the other brands yet the only brand that has lifetime warranty on glass (even if the kids break it), Lifetime on the burn tubes (even if you over fire), the only brand that has the bay window for a larger view of the fire (I burn that one myself). Right now we are running a $250 off promo on one of our insert.

Wood inserts heaters

We make them so if you have any questions shoot away.

Had a brief conversation with the MIL this morning, she agrees that the woodstove is the way to go. Now if She and I can agree on a budget. Me, Id get the best most efficent so the BIL and I don't have to supply too much wood. But she is more of the cheaper the better. Oh well, well see.

Back