Was Arboristsite Hacked? Is Arboristsite Down?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This ain't fixed,,,

My current settings to get here.
I'm sure the owners are searching for ways to illuminate the malicious Java redirects.
There are company's that will bid on the process of cleaning the site as well.
I wish them well in getting this fixed.
In the mean time.......

blocked.JPG

blocked.JPG

Note: The * is a wildcard used to substitute anything the hackers may use to obscure the linkbucks site. In other words, anything before linkbucksDOTcom will be included in the block.

Last edited:
My computer seems to have picked up some sort of malware from that linkbucks deal.
If you are going to play (internet) you need protection because if you don't get something here you are going to get it somewhere anyway.

If you are going to play (internet) you need protection because if you don't get something here you are going to get it somewhere anyway.

Using Norton. Still got it. There is a lot of that adware Norton won't touch and even Norton will tell you that.

Using Norton. Still got it. There is a lot of that adware Norton won't touch and even Norton will tell you that.

Security is in layers. there is no one single solution. Analogy-you don't drive a car however you want in traffic because you might have airbags.

Anti virus software is by nature after the fact of malware being used someplace, they use virus definitions. There is some predictability, but..

You need active on your part javascript control at a minimum.

this is easy to use and quite effective

http://noscript.net/

Those of us who use it never see the redirects. Right now this second I am still seeing the site is infected as one of the numerous potential redirect domains, called any dot gs, is here on the site, and was automatically blocked by noscript, as I have the entire site blocked from executing scripts. I surf all the time default javascript blocked and have learned (and it doesn't take long) which domains to temporary allow in order to get content that might require it.

I allow *no domain* to have permanent javascript access. never. Temporary only, only for what I might need right then, then back off.

I knew this site was vulnerable a long time ago when i first joined and had to make a descion on allow/not allow. Once in awhile I allowed, but mostly I didn't.

vBulletin makes a nice forum, but I never trusted it as per security. It is too juicy a target (very very large user bases on hundreds of thousands of forums) and relies on active scripting all the time.

I was right.

Use noscript, it helps a lot.

Might take one hour tops surfing around to get used to it, but tell ya, it makes the web a lot more tolerable.

Since it happened I have only had 2 problems logging on through tapatalk , tapatalk kinda stinks with its format though I much rather log in the other way

I have not yet experienced the linkbuck problem. Here is how to whip it permanently:

Edit your hosts file. "C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" in Windows7. your system may store the file elsewhere. Use notepad or wordpad.

Insert these two lines:

127.0.0.1 ad3.l i n k b u c k s.com
127.0.0.1 www.l i n k b u c k s.com
(you will need to delete the extra spaces)

You can ban any website from your computer by adding 127.0.0.1 followed by (name of banned website) to this file. Once that command is entered, your computer will refuse all attempts to go there!

looks like the new board software has fixed it? haven't been here since the fiasco started...just clicked out every time that stupid thing showed up...but kept checking back every couple of days. Hopefully this gets everything back up and running!

So far, so good, on my end. It's good to be back, but it still feels weird, like checking out your home after it's been burglarized.

Has anyone noticed the warning at the top of their AS "Likes" page when they open up for the first time? It reads like this: Warning: Declaration of vB_ProfileBlock_vBSEOLikes::block_is_enabled() should be compatible with that of vB_ProfileBlock::block_is_enabled() in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_ui_profile.php on line 52
ArboristSite.com - Powered by vBulletin

Doing a search on that topic, I found this solution/work-around: vBSEO 3.6.1 and vBullerin 4.2.2 - Likes warning - vBulletin SEO Forums

The whole thread seems to be related to the problems with the "like" function at other websites, so you may wish to check it out. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back