Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was assembling my 6800i, I noticed that the older 120si had that metal oil pump gear. I almost wish I would have pulled it to put on the 6800i so I never have to worry about a bad oil pump worm gear. I decided against it ultimatly but I'm sure you could try using heat to heat both the crank and the worm and them cooling the crank with ice cubs and then pullin it.

I use a small Posi-lock 2 jaw puller. The pump you speak of (nylon gear) also came on latter 116/120si.

It is called an 'eco oiler' it only pumps when the clutch is engaged and spinning since it drives off the splines on the drum.

I have several with the nylon gear and have seen no failures. One good thing about Makita, since they took over many parts are still available.

Haven't checked but I bet you can still get them.

Not really a Sachs Dolmar, but it is a SD design,

attachment.php

Horizontal crank play

I was told to post this over here to see what you guys thought.

A friend of mine wanted me to tune up and go through his saw. In doing so I felt for play in the crank, vertically it was tight but horizontally I could move it back and forth about .036 to .038.

I have never seen this before. Could that saw have spun the crank bearings?
I have not split the cases but the bearings feel good.

Thanks for the help.

I was told to post this over here to see what you guys thought.

A friend of mine wanted me to tune up and go through his saw. In doing so I felt for play in the crank, vertically it was tight but horizontally I could move it back and forth about .036 to .038.

I have never seen this before. Could that saw have spun the crank bearings?
I have not split the cases but the bearings feel good.

Thanks for the help.

We need to know the model of the saw just in case it uses needle bearings, if so they can have a lot more lateral movement than ball bearings.

Hey thanks guys!! Yeah the saw is really low hour, the P/C look perfect and the saw looks new.

So that IPL says its a standard roller bearing, not a needle roller bearing right?

I hate to split the cases just to take a peek? Oh and would you guys know what the parts availability on that saw would be? Just used or is there some new stuff floating around still?

Hey thanks guys!! Yeah the saw is really low hour, the P/C look perfect and the saw looks new.

So that IPL says its a standard roller bearing, not a needle roller bearing right?

I hate to split the cases just to take a peek? Oh and would you guys know what the parts availability on that saw would be? Just used or is there some new stuff floating around still?

There is actually two different sets of bearings in the IPL`s , both roller and ball bearings are shown and listed. Check page 2 and find # 35 and 36, they are listed as roller bearings.

Last edited:
Where's the love for the old SDs?

attachment.php

Just checkin' eh?

Attachments

• 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 90
Page 166 is coming soon! Gonna have to save it for the World's Largest Gathering of 166's at Lee's this weekend.

Here is another old Dolly. Picked up this Mac SP 85 (133 Super) the other day. I have five of these yellow Dolmars now and this one is in really nice condition. The compression is quite extraordinary. Should clean up very nicely.
This is the first SP 85 I have seen in the flesh - they are quite rare around here, though I believe Gmax has one.

Back