Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is another old Dolly. Picked up this Mac SP 85 (133 Super) the other day. I have five of these yellow Dolmars now and this one is in really nice condition. The compression is quite extraordinary. Should clean up very nicely.
This is the first SP 85 I have seen in the flesh - they are quite rare around here, though I believe Gmax has one.

Sold a few of those brand new ................... McBob

Here is another old Dolly. Picked up this Mac SP 85 (133 Super) the other day. I have five of these yellow Dolmars now and this one is in really nice condition. The compression is quite extraordinary. Should clean up very nicely.
This is the first SP 85 I have seen in the flesh - they are quite rare around here, though I believe Gmax has one.

nice find.

Al, That is a keeper. Very nice.
The only Aussie Dollys i have are the Super Pro 118
or Dolmar 166. Will have both running on Sunday.
Lee

I passed on a nice 118 last year - now I am wishing I hadn't as it would have rounded out the herd. Just got the smallest one - a Pro Mac 4300. Will post up a pic soon.

Al.

It's amazing how well those run at 85cc. Really pull like a freight train (especially when pulling them over)

The thing that puzzles me about the 133 is how small the upper transfers are compared to the 143. Running them side by side you would never guess one is 10cc larger (with much bigger ports) Guess size isn't everything?

Everybody save page 166 for the video & pictures tomorrow at Lee's.

Here's a warmup

[video=youtube_share;WjDeN7cA9jI]http://youtu.be/WjDeN7cA9jI[/video]

I know this isn't really the place for this (and I did already try in the Beg for thread and got hooked up with an IPL), but you guys are more in the know on this one I think. I'm looking for a shop manual for a Dolmar 122 (yes Jerry looks like it is a 122) if anyone has one that I could get a copy of?

Also what is part availability like on this one? I don't know of anything it specifically needs at this point, but I'm just wondering before I get in to it too deep. Actually looks in very good order from the outside (pics to follow).

Thanks,

Dan

I know this isn't really the place for this (and I did already try in the Beg for thread and got hooked up with an IPL), but you guys are more in the know on this one I think. I'm looking for a shop manual for a Dolmar 122 (yes Jerry looks like it is a 122) if anyone has one that I could get a copy of?

Also what is part availability like on this one? I don't know of anything it specifically needs at this point, but I'm just wondering before I get in to it too deep. Actually looks in very good order from the outside (pics to follow).

Thanks,

Dan

Site sponsor Edge & Engine is a good source for Dolmar parts.

:cheers:

Here is a custom Dolmar sign that was made by AdirondackStihl and friends that they brought to our GTG here this spring!

Page 166!!!

From Leeha's GTG 10-13-2013

28 Sachs-Dolmar 166 Chainsaws along with 4 McCulloch SuperPro 118 Chainsaws.

[video=youtube;7evJptQo5wo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7evJptQo5wo&feature=share&list=UU7w5c7bYZrDdG_R-q_HLFmw[/video]

More footage of the World's Largest Gathering of Dolmar 166's!

[video=youtube;KY66qsX0FjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY66qsX0FjU&feature=share&list=UU7w5c7bYZrDdG_R-q_HLFmw[/video]

Back