What's on your bench? October 9th 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Paul in NJ??

I see you are from NJ.

I remember this one well.

We traveled a lot of miles together.

He lives/lived in nj but his shop was in PA,
He helped me out a few times trying to fix some stuff, great guy, doesn't post much anymore though. Greatly missed. If its the same saw it was at his shop for a while.

New ms261cm

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381540358167.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381540358167.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 27
Lately it seems like all I've worked on are Homelites. I just finished an XL-12, a couple of Super XL saws and a couple or three of the Super 2 saws. Haven't bought anything lately, rained last flea market date and right now the bench is completely empty...

jyzu3ahu.jpg

Bolens tube frame roto tiller.

The bronze worm gear is shot (just like the other one sitting on the floor)

Some of you guys make me jealous. Seeing clean/organized work areas. I have 2 older sons in college living at home. One likes working on Motorcycles, the other one cars. Between the spare parts and projects they have spread all over my workbenches. I have no room to work. The last repair I did was outside on the garbage can.

A huge pile of junk that is preventing me from doing saw work.....

Ok, since the site has been down I've finished my Stihl 031, main thing keeping it from running is the points were set way too wide. I set them correctly and it runs great now. I cleaned up a Makita 520I but no work required, ran great. I went to flea market and bought a Homelite XL102 which is barely running, needs fuel system gone through, a Homelite XL901 which needs everything and a Stihl 024 which needs 3 or 4 parts to make it complete, then I'll see if it runs.

I finally cleaned mine! Got a carb sitting on it from a late 60's Gilson snowblower that seems to have fuel delivery issues at a minimum. Glad to see this site up, I was starting to be too productive.

088 with cylinder cut and a pop up. Compression at 190 and I think I got the carb figured out tonight. Big thanks to Terry Landrum for all the advice on this build. Also Beau " NewToStihl " for helping with vac/pressure testing it.

Latest posts

Back