Stihlsky 044 xpg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you guys are right... This is a stupid Idea... I still wanna try though... If it doesnt work I will just use the carb with the 262 cylinder
Or maybe you could point out wich cylinders share the same stroke...?

No no no, not stupid. Insanely creative. Highly amusing. Well worth the effort. I mean, it must have a lot of Husky and Stihl guys just crawling. Which is the way that great things are invented. Well outside the box. I would never have thunk it myself. Which is why I like it.

Maybe you guys are right... This is a stupid Idea... I still wanna try though... If it doesnt work I will just use the carb with the 262 cylinder
Or maybe you could point out wich cylinders share the same stroke...?

The natural 34mm stroke top end to try is the 272xp one. It has a 34mm stroke and a 52mm bore, for 72.2cc.;)

I would be cool with that 272 top end but I'm pretty sure it`s to big in the base to make a fit...

I would be cool with that 272 top end but I'm pretty sure it`s to big in the base to make a fit...

I suspect you are right, but at least I would have looked closer into it. Likely a stroke reduced 044 top end will not do much for a 262xp, considering the obvious porting issues.

We want know on till we try will we... But sure if I had both top ends I proberly would never had thought about putting a stihl top on a husky saw

Olmate used to say come on Redfella come with me
woddawe doin mate
dunno but we,ll do somfin even if it is wrong n ave fun ay
right then lets go

good on ya OP

If you want to stay with the stihl hybrid theme, then 038 mag at 52x34 or 361 at 49x34 and quad port.

Surely, if they can be fitted. ;)

However, I would like to see how it performs with an original 262xp top end (preferably the early KS one without decomp), and the 372xp carb.

If it is proven that the HD-12 carb can be fitted on the 262xp, I assume a lot of people will be interested!

Last edited:
I just compared the 262 jug and the 044 jug... The port timing is pretty much the same.... I still believe that this will work... So the build must go on....

So had a little spare time today... Got the piston and cylinder bolted on and started modifying the muffler2013-11-16 09.23.35.jpg

Back