So you want to build an OWB you say...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welded internal baffle to keep heat in longer and minimize sparks coming out of stack. Mounted the assembly on legs. Made tall enough so I don't have to bend over to look inside to put wood on top of fire.November 002.jpg November 024.jpg outdoor woodburner 002.jpg outdoor woodburner 005.jpg

Trenched for PEX about 100' from the house. Pump mounted directly to living room floor joist and I can't hear it with my ear to the floor above it. Heat exchanger in propane furnace with PEX lines through foundation to allow for expansion when hot. December 346.jpg outdoor woodburner 008.jpg outdoor woodburner 009.jpg outdoor woodburner.jpg

/me looks around sheepishly...hope no one notices..

I don't get it, where is the hot water coming from? You said, decided to not plumb for water, leaks, etc, then there is a pex line and..huh, what?

zogger, he meant for the door. He didn't bother to run water thru the door. The tank still has water just not the door.

Oh well, ya, umm, ya, well..shoot..well..gee..obvious and stuff....hey!! some badguy hacked my account and posted a real lame question!

that's my story and stickin to it :(

Nice job! Looks like you did it all on the cheap! I'd like to do a similar unit .My current Shaver 250 has been ok but it's too small for my home,I'd like to build one with a 42" inner tank,at least 6 ft long,with a 24x 30 door...tired of not being able to load big rounds thru my 18" door...

Latest posts

Back