Shaver Wood Furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason37756

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
After discovering the warranty was not going to cover the faulty weld in my three year old furnace I was forced to repair the problem myself. Unfortunately, I think more problems will arise in the future, so I decided to start a thread to track my current issues, future issues and inform those wishing to obtain real user knowledge.

There is a major problem with water flow just above the ash pan door. This entire area should be off limits to water. This area is approximately 1" thick, 5" tall, and 15" wide....being in the main front of the stove, the greatest distance from the pump, and basically a dead zone just asking for stagnant water.

My water tests were done weekly, yearly water was checked by a commercial water sampling company, and appropriate chemicals added as needed. This was an issue with faulty welding. When I began the repair the very first thing I noticed was how large the gap was between the ash lip and outside water jacket. It was 3/8 of an inch...the weld was way too small to effectively seal the water jacket. This was caused by the fabricator cutting the ash opening too large and doing a inferior weld to seal the unit.

Leaks

They will not return my emails. When I first began the process it took 3-5 days to get a response, now they do not respond. I repaired the leaks myself, requested a very small amount of $$$ for my materials, and still no response.

These are easy to build and repair - if you have the skill and equipment. Thankfully I can do this, so I am ok with the whole deal. I hope no one else is stuck with this company and their poor customer service and warranty. I feel for the local dealers, they are stuck in the middle.

Update

I just wanted to update all who are interested in the warranty issue I continue to have with my 4 year old shaver furnace.

As of today I still have NOT received a response about my issue. Buyer beware....the 100% warranty is a hoax.

Great idea I never actually thought about that....will do. The pictures have been viewed a lot and the thread has over 215 visits so maybe some potential new buyer will have the info that I was unaware of when I purchased mine.

Great idea I never actually thought about that....will do. The pictures have been viewed a lot and the thread has over 215 visits so maybe some potential new buyer will have the info that I was unaware of when I purchased mine.
Just be fair and let them know that you will be posting so that they can respond if they wish, who knows maybe they will step up to the plate

Update

I took some good advice from Richard...I emailed the threads web address to ray at shaver wood boilers, aka weld rite inc. unfortunately as of today I have not received a response from ray or the company.

As a hugh fan of wood heat I would encourage any potential buyer to research the company before making a decision about your purchase.

I have attached a nice shot of the repair welding.

same problem

I took some good advice from Richard...I emailed the threads web address to ray at shaver wood boilers, aka weld rite inc. unfortunately as of today I have not received a response from ray or the company.

As a hugh fan of wood heat I would encourage any potential buyer to research the company before making a decision about your purchase.

I have attached a nice shot of the repair welding.

same problem leaking stove said they would pick it up and fix it didn't say what year it would be// never seen a company so unreliable

For many I always heard shaver was the worst company in the business . There must dozens of unhappy customer reviews I've seen . I don't even use a wood boiler but I know if I ever went that route it would not be a shaver. . It really makes me wonder how in the world they could stay in business for any length of time.some people even waited a year after they paid for it ) for it to arrive ! Often it's the welds that look like a child made it and poorly made . From the sounds of owners ..I don't think they ever made one that didn't leak water

I have a shaver 250 ,on December 12 th it will be 5 seasons old,and mine and the other 6 we bought,none of them leak...they have Lot of issues trust me,but so far so good,I will be watching that area closely for problems..sorry you had trouble with yours and I too would never buy another Shaver boiler...

Back