034 super issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they do. I'm betting it's the flywheel side crank bearing. Just like the 036 and the 026 they are known to fail and cause air leaks. I would pressure test it and make sure you find the leak first before throwing a new piston in it.
Not even mentioning a new piston here. Just having problems with the saw dying when i engage the chainbrake. Are you guys saying the crank bearings will cause this issue?
So the clutch bearing is good, or no? Really sounds to me like that's the first place I would look. Start simple and replace the bearing. Go from there.
have not taken the clutch off yet, just a simple visual inspection of the pads and springs, looks good to my young eyes. I have my t handle on the way (broke 3 yesterday...) and i will dig further. As of right now I do not have a flywheel puller to pull the flywheel off to check any deeper.

Bad crank bearing cages can cause the balls to oblong crankshaft rotation, which destroys seals, and ultimately the engine. If you replace the seal(s), look closely at the bearing cages.

Just an update. I took my clutch off tonight, and swapped the clutch out from a non-running 029 super that was laying in the shed. Didn't think is was the same clutch, but they looked just right. Did the swap and now the chain brake is fully functional. Thanks for all the info and tips.

You might want to get the upgrade kit for the clutch that uses a bigger bearing if you have to replace any parts.

I have had the smaller bearing fail on one of my 036s.

When I rebuilt the other 036 I added the clutch kit as part of the rebuild along with crank seals.
what upgrade kit is available to " plug and play" the 360 361? Just order a drum and bearing?

Back