skid steer proccessor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awe, come one. That machine is 25k at best. And that processor would just be another way to make some jingle if the machine is sitting idle. There isn't always dirt and stone to be moved, not by paying customers anyway:D.

I think you could charge money from guys just to let them bust up a few logs for fun, like an amusement park ride.

I mean, that's a serious hoot and a half right there...

Now get one that will pick up and bust 3-6 foot diameter logs with an 87 way wedge....

I called the company that makes that attachment (Hahn) a while back. they said the attachment itself cost about 40k installed. not including the skid loader. plus they change the spools and hydraulic valving so much that you have to dedicate the skid loader to just that one attachment... the cheaper attachment costs bout 30k, if memory serves me right.

I called the company that makes that attachment (Hahn) a while back. they said the attachment itself cost about 40k installed. not including the skid loader. plus they change the spools and hydraulic valving so much that you have to dedicate the skid loader to just that one attachment... the cheaper attachment costs bout 30k, if memory serves me right.

That makes me say HELL NO.. no way i would do that....

Few points, one seen it before. Two, sadly wife would KILL me if I bought it. Third, Ive watched it before, but for some reason I can just sip my Coors and watch that video over and over.

It is cool looking but unless all your wood is straight and knot free it's not very useful,and I also do not like putting sawdust in my finished woodpile... It's kind of useless for outdoor wood boiler owners as the rounds it can handle are too small to be of any real use to anyone with a decent sized unit.. The biggest downfall I see is it shoots all the sawdust right into the finished wood pile! That alone is a dealbreaker.FWIW the skid steers to run it may not be cheap but they have many other uses ,my caterpillar 246 will easily run that unit and it cost under $15,000, and skid steers are kind of like a Swiss Army knife you can use them for just about anything..

Back