yes i really really suck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok before you guys have a fit and think I have lost my marbles driving 700 miles total to buy a saw,,, take a chill pill and read this first:):),,, we left Friday to go see her parents in eastern ky (inbred county) so I figured what the heck,, hit the pawn shops in Berea and Richmond since there hasn't been anything around here,,,,, first 2 shops had poulan wild thingys and similar then the 3rd shop had this little guy,,,, they had 165.00 on it so I figured what the heck,, I was looking at it pretty close and asked if I could go start it,,, while the wife was looking around I went outside and 3 pulls she came to life,, revved up and came back to idle like a dream,,, oiler seemed to be working,,,, looked like it had a new rim and drum on it,,,, so I went back inside with a price in mind and asked what the bottom dollar was right then and their,,, they said exactly what I had in mind,,,,, I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough,,, now its sittin on my bench,,,, the pics I took are at the inlaws house

Love my 026 pro. My go to saw for most little stuff. "Just right" so to speak. Hope this brings your "dry spell" to an end.

Of course, now that you bought that, a 372, or 395 will show up a block away from you and about $100 more than is in your pocket. (Or am I the only poor redneck that happens to?)

I feel your pain.From the wording from your description you sound like you are down in the dump.Does this ting run a 3/8ths chain?Nice addition to your stable. Ken

SOB,,, guess I won't flip it now,,,, the 395xp I got my eyes on this morn already sold,,,, sold in about 3 hours,,, so I guess this little guy will go on the bench and given a work over

see what happens scott. you got a ported 395 chill'n for a great price and that just so happens to be the days you are gone. at least yer strong enough to start the 026 though :laugh: that thing was pumping 200psi too. damn, you'd rip your midget arms off trying to pull that thing over. my 395's are stock saws and they are blue button only starters. i can start them without it but it ain't worth the risk of ripping your shoulder half off.

Never had much luck at the pawn shops in Richmond but I don't get down there enough to find the good deals. Glad you were able to score a saw.

ok before you guys have a fit and think I have lost my marbles driving 700 miles total to buy a saw,,, take a chill pill and read this first:):),,, we left Friday to go see her parents in eastern ky (inbred county) so I figured what the heck,, hit the pawn shops in Berea and Richmond since there hasn't been anything around here,,,,, first 2 shops had poulan wild thingys and similar then the 3rd shop had this little guy,,,, they had 165.00 on it so I figured what the heck,, I was looking at it pretty close and asked if I could go start it,,, while the wife was looking around I went outside and 3 pulls she came to life,, revved up and came back to idle like a dream,,, oiler seemed to be working,,,, looked like it had a new rim and drum on it,,,, so I went back inside with a price in mind and asked what the bottom dollar was right then and their,,, they said exactly what I had in mind,,,,, I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough,,, now its sittin on my bench,,,, the pics I took are at the inlaws house

i always let the pawn shop guys start a saw i intend to buy. most of the time they are to stupid and can't get it started then i leave there with a way better deal then i was thinking i wanted to pay for it. good on ya for finding a saw scott. now yer depression will fall to a minimum. what was the number you had in mind? i passed on an 026 (non pro) from a pawnshop about a month ago that was $65. thing ran good but was beat to living hell. i know the owner and my goal was to get him down to $50 or i wasn't getting it.

Scott...you deserve a "you suck" on the purchase..!!

I truly think it the best model saw ever made in it's time-frame...if it had a #1 on start of serial #.."da cheese"

I'd almost bet your wife will prefer it over her MS170..soo light and yet soo powerful..

Sooo..you might have screwed yourself and she won't let you sell the 026 nor the 170..
CAD might have 'bitten' her..??

( and this new AS forum design totally SUCKS..!!)

J2F

Last edited:
Back