Looks like winter is here in the Southeast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4seasons

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
First snow of the year the day before Thanksgiving. Pretty unusually here in Tennessee. Guess my wood stack is going to get a big dent in it earlier than expected this year. Oh well, I put a pot of chili on the wood stove and help the wife put up the Christmas tree. Bit weird having the tree up before Thanksgiving but I normally don't see snow before Christmas.

I saw some white dirt falling from the sky early this morning. Very unusual this early.

Nasty cold lately too, strange. wood stove in the room is *nice* though.

Talked to my mom earlier today, she lives down in sorta north florida, said it hit 32 there last night!

We received about a half inch of the white stuff, and the wind has been wicked. Sometimes reaching as much as 53mph so far today. Temperatures were balmy at 28 degrees for most of the day. A few days back the temperatures at night dropped to 12 degrees one night and 17 the night before with healthy winds at around 45mph.

I sure am glad I cleared the trees away from the house. I've seen a half dozen or so blow overs across the road with surely more to come.

It's gonna be brutal tonight fellas. Cold and windy all day here on the north facing side of the mountain. Snow showers off and on. Just came in from loading the stove......I'll survive another night. Gotta get up early and put the brisket on the smoker for a welcome addition to turkey.

Shea

Speaking of loading the stove, I have to let mine go out tonight as my daughter and her family are here and they say it's too warm down there with it going! LOL I'll light it back up tomorrow afternoon when they go home.
Stay warm my friends.

I heard this morning this is the coldest Thanksgiving day on record since 1911. It's all algore's fault. He's been up north mess with the pole shift.

We got about 4-5 inches here at my house yesterday throughout the day. Most of it melted today, though. We are on a south facing slope. The other side of the hill is still all white and cold!

It has been unusually cold around here. I ever took a picture yesterday morning of the hard frost
uvy5yzut.jpg

Back