Pic of the year 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting how long Secondgenmonkey has been hanging here with no griping,(,except the very subliminal and witty digs I caught and 'liked',), and not told to post in the 101 forum,,,interesting,,:p
Dont think he is a newb, novice or faker, just a young second gener. Which is nice for once, instead of tools claiming they are JEDI, Then asking how its all done.

I post pics alot on my facebook, but I don't think I have anything that would be "epic" so I will refrain from entering this contest. Still working on a vid, sucks, most of the time the footage is useless for a cool vid. Either have the camera to far up, so ya cant see anything or to far down and ya get a awesome shot of my nose. Ya almost need someone dedicated to the camera if ya are gong to get cool shots and be productive at the same time. I think I will look for that epic shot this coming year and come back with the smack down next year, consider yourselves warned,LOL.

Hey Oak Savanna, is that Lake Ontario or Simcoe?

Last edited:
Just realized that I don't have a lot if pictures this year. It's not from a lack of tree work. Just too busy taking them down I guess.

Here are a couple from the same job. Not pic if the year quality..... I'll leave those to Reg :)

ameza6yv.jpg

yzave5a6.jpg

I have the books on it somewhere. Its not a light duty LR boom its heavy duty boom for utility trucks.
just looking at the original picture, and estimating the distance from the turret to the lift point, and estimating the weight of that piece, when you look at your capacity chart i think you will be unpleasantly surprised. i hope i am wrong. the capacity chart should be visible from the operators station-(the bucket) for easy reference.

Here it is

Attachments

• 20131215_194114.jpg
    20131215_194114.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
Specs

Attachments

• 20131215_194030.jpg
    20131215_194030.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
just looking at the original picture, and estimating the distance from the turret to the lift point, and estimating the weight of that piece, when you look at your capacity chart i think you will be unpleasantly surprised. i hope i am wrong. the capacity chart should be visible from the operators station-(the bucket) for easy reference.
The tree was bone deadand the pick was around 500lbs.

Latest posts

Back