whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dan, if you dont know why, then you should get out of tree service and become a Walmart greeter, just saying ;) lol

I think what the Dan is saying, is that if you got rope in it, you shouldn't need all the wedging drama. You should have faith in your rigging. Unless of course you only have a dirty petule wearing hippy in flip flops on the rope. Just my take..

The Dan, if you dont know why, then you should get out of tree service and become a Walmart greeter, just saying ;) lol

Well I was trying to give peace a chance cause what I originally was going to say was PUT THE ****ING HAMMER DOWN AND CUT THE ****ING THING ALLREADY !

I mean there's yer rope, there's yer notch - what else could you possibly need? A latte?

I have a couple feller buddies I work with on occasion and its always the hammer and wedges with them. From what I have seen its a waste of time and energy. I have asked them why they do it, most have said " habit". I see Reg do it so I wonder.

Now before you get all uppity please keep in mind I have notched and pulled over some huge trees all by myself. No one around for miles. Been doing it for years and years .Backleaners too. So I ask you. And what do you do?

Last edited:
Well I was trying to give peace a chance cause what I originally was going to say was PUT THE ****ING HAMMER DOWN AND CUT THE ****ING THING ALLREADY !

I mean there's yer rope, there's yer notch - what else could you possibly need? A latte?

I have a couple feller buddies I work with on occasion and its always the hammer and wedges with them. From what I have seen its a waste of time and energy. I have asked them why they do it, most have said " habit". I see Reg do it so I wonder.

Now before you get all uppity please keep in mind I have notched and pulled over some huge trees all by myself. No one around for miles. Been doing it for years and years .Backleaners too. So I ask you. And what do you do?

Back leaners and any kind of light duty machine pulls, its never a bad idea to tap in a wedge as a failsafe. With that in mind it really ought to be in that order....the rigging does the majority of the work while the wedges back up the tree. Would seem a little wasteful to be pounding wedges while having the pull-line redundant. The pull-line is (once its in place) is way more effective after all.

Danno, peace. Live it.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas assholes.
zyru2u9u.jpg

Yes, yes. Merry Christmas. My favorite present was a coffee mug that said DAD on it, brought tears to my eyes. Got some new camo - What else could a guy need?

Last night I dreamt I was horse farming with Mel Gibson and was really enjoying it til my kid jumped on me at 5 am.

Latest posts

Back