whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not gonna be doing much for a month. Same deal every year, things pretty much die out until Feb. It's only an issue if I get hurt at work.

sent using logic and reason from a device forged of witchcraft.

Well I was trying to give peace a chance cause what I originally was going to say was PUT THE ****ING HAMMER DOWN AND CUT THE ****ING THING ALLREADY !

I mean there's yer rope, there's yer notch - what else could you possibly need? A latte?

I have a couple feller buddies I work with on occasion and its always the hammer and wedges with them. From what I have seen its a waste of time and energy. I have asked them why they do it, most have said " habit". I see Reg do it so I wonder.

Now before you get all uppity please keep in mind I have notched and pulled over some huge trees all by myself. No one around for miles. Been doing it for years and years .Backleaners too. So I ask you. And what do you do?

Danno Lil' buddy,
yep, wedges are extra measure of security, keeps tree from setting back on bar, like this back leaner tree.
I dont like to much tension on pull rope, theres already a chance of barber chair if to Much tension on back leaner.

Wedges are your friend little guy ;)

Danno Lil' buddy,
yep, wedges are extra measure of security, keeps tree from setting back on bar, like this back leaner tree.
I dont like to much tension on pull rope, theres already a chance of barber chair if to Much tension on back leaner.

**** ****?

Farted around today,went to the Deutz dealer and picked up some filters for the stumpy. While I was there I priced a new engine just in case I ever need one, $5500 bucks not as bad as I thought. The salesman gave me a price to rebuild it $4500. I think for the extra grand I'd rather have a new engine.

Danno Lil' buddy,

I don't have any... friends or wedges - both seem like to much work.

I spent the day buying and transferring fuel...at $2.65/gallon for diesel, I couldn't pass up the deal.

Loaded my 300 gallon fuel tank into the crane truck (a dinky little 12k kboom), then spent the whole day filling it up with two pumps at once, then driving across the street to pump it out into all my other collection of tanks. In the end, I bought somewhere close to 1000 gallons. All my trucks, and all my fuel tanks are now full.

It looks like the merchant across the street priced his diesel fuel wrong. The sign says $3.659, but the pumps were coming in at $2.659. I would not have taken advantage of the mistake, but the cheap little [middle eastern foreigner expletive deleted] cheated me out of $600.00 many years ago. He ordered tree removal services, then refused to pay me for no other reason than he thinks my trucks are responsible for his broken sidewalks just because we park next to them. I also posted the stupidly low price on GasBuddy.com. I figure I got my money back with interest, and the extra posting was for punitive damages.

The lowest price in the area is 3.599/gallon, so I was saving a bunch of money.

**** in your pants much? I just got up to come inside and good lord...couldn't hold it. Had to go clean up. I feel a llittle fever too. I guess I got that 24 hour that is going around.

**** in your pants much? I just got up to come inside and good lord...couldn't hold it. Had to go clean up. I feel a llittle fever too. I guess I got that 24 hour that is going around.
Saw on the news h1n1 is making a comeback in Texas. Thanks for the update!

Latest posts

Back