Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest update.
:bowdown: This will be a good weekend to be working in the wood heated shop! :rock:

I misplaced my camera so no photos. Besides I would be embarrassed to take photos right now. :D

I think you would be right in line with most of us. I'm happy to have a safe path from one end of the basement to the other. o_O

I guarantee that you wouldn't be embarrassed after looking at my train wreck. :)

I don't have room to lay down an ink pen ;-( I've posted pics of my chainsaw ceiling tile before. Only place to go was overhead.
Afternoon Steve, how is the rehab progressing, no complications I hope.

Well, Matt's 9010 made an impression on me... SO, I'm buying Mdavelee's Dave Neiger-built 9010 with half and full-wrap handles!!! It will be nice to be back in the 90cc business again!!! Pics when I get the saw, but you can also see it in the classifieds. Oh yeah, HOWDY Y'ALL!!! It's a bit cold on the South Side...

Getting some snow, not heavy yet, but it's working on it. You boys down south getting any of this storm?

Howdy men!! No snow here Yet Jim just a little drizzle but I guess the snow is headed this way the forecast keeps getting worse by the day started out as 1-4 now their talking 6-10

Not supposed to start here until about midnight. Drizzle right now. Just waiting on the ffront to move in. They put spfd under winter storm warning earlier this evening. Got spooked about 8:30, power went out for about 10 seconds. Went and bought a propane ball for backup heat, just in case.

Watching Dr. Pohl on TV. Must be different weather in Michigan, its all green and warm. Strange climate for this time of year. Must be global warming.

There is a scattering of white snow dots coming down now. The ground has froze back up & there are very slick spots on the gravel road/driveway.

What is this about worrying about hijacking the thread? As far as I can figure, this thread is about generalized sharing. Most of us are more than happy to cheer Digger on!!! :rock:

In theory it's supposed to be faster than regular kerf .325. I'll give it a "maybe". I tried it on an MS280 with good results, but not so good that I went back for more and more. The up side is you can use the bar with regular .325 / .050 chain, so it was a great deal on a bar. I bought a set up when it originally came out about two years ago and still use the bar.

Hedgerow said ".325 is supposed to be smoother...
But if anyone tells ya it's faster, they're sorely mistaken...
Of course , speed isn't always the main objective...
"

I would argue with him about the faster statement when it comes to smaller saws. I think there is an advantage on smaller saws that don't quite have enough grunt to pull full 3/8ths, but that might be like starting another "Which bar oil?" thread. I'll settle for saying I think .325 full chisel has certain applications where it works better.

dd
thanks Marc :)

.325 is supposed to be smoother...
But if anyone tells ya it's faster, they're sorely mistaken...
Of course , speed isn't always the main objective...
the .325 on the replacement homeowner husky,
for the 5020 poulan when it crapped out I took it and the extra warranty back up to lowes (i know no more box store saws :p)
didnt want the same problems with it and traded up (i hope) and it has .325
I hope it is as good as my echo's :)

Howdy men!! No snow here Yet Jim just a little drizzle but I guess the snow is headed this way the forecast keeps getting worse by the day started out as 1-4 now their talking 6-10
Howdy there stranger.. We ain't supposed to get that many inches of nasty over here...

the .325 on the replacement homeowner husky,
for the 5020 poulan when it crapped out I took it and the extra warranty back up to lowes (i know no more box store saws :p)
didnt want the same problems with it and traded up (i hope) and it has .325
I hope it is as good as my echo's :)

You won't hear me giving you grief about the box store saw. All I had for years was a 42 cc Craftsman. I got tired of spending $$ to have someone sharpen my chains and stumbled across this site. The next thing I knew saws were breeding in the basement.o_O

Which Husky did you get? What are the specs on the chain? I might have one or two in the basement.

Back