Dolmar 5100 Husqvarna 562XP On the NO PORT LIST

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you aren't a dealer dealing with the cost of replacing carburetors out of pocket isn't worth it to me. Buy a new carburetor from a dealer and try to take it back saying it doesn't work on your saw................

5100s.jpg
I used my 5100 the last couple of weekends, put about 6 tanks through it. I am posting because I think that people delight to give too many the wrong impression on the 5100. They will not blow up at the drop of a hat. I have at least 100 tanks through mine. I am not a pro just a firewood hack and they work pretty dang good for that purpose. I don't care it a 346xp handles better, at 6'3" -260lbs I can handle the saw. I don't care if a 346xp will cut cookies faster. They just work fine as long as they were tuned correctly. When I bought mine the dealer told me never to use ethanol gas, use synthetic oil (preferably Stihl Ultra), bring it back once it is broke in and retune if needed. I have done all that and have had not one issue in almost 6 years. I am not saying they are the best 50cc saw, I don't need to own the best just something that works. Also keep in mind that when I purchased mine it was for the same price as a Stihl 290 and for the money the 5100 was a hands down winner. I can't speak to the issue of porting 5100's maybe they are not good for that, frankly I don't care.

Last edited:
I got two fer $350,

But that included two complete minty 5100s (scored but easy fix)
Im getting ready to put a new piston in mine. Did you have to replace the piston?
If so was it OEM or aftermarket? The Only aftermarket piston I have found for the 5100s is VEC. I haven't heard much about them so im not sure what to think.

I have a Dolmar 5000 wich is similar to the Dolmar 5100.When new piston scored because of the lean tune on the H .Changed at the dealer under waranty.After finding this site and learned how to tune a chainsaw everything is good.I have burned 50 L of gas until now ,after the rebuild -no problems.Sorry for my english!

I have a Dolmar 5000 wich is similar to the Dolmar 5100.When new piston scored because of the lean tune on the H .Changed at the dealer under waranty.After finding this site and learned how to tune a chainsaw everything is good.I have burned 50 L of gas until now ,after the rebuild -no problems.Sorry for my english!

Don't worry about Your English - Your post was clear enough! :)

Im getting ready to put a new piston in mine. Did you have to replace the piston?
If so was it OEM or aftermarket? The Only aftermarket piston I have found for the 5100s is VEC. I haven't heard much about them so im not sure what to think.

I got OEM, cost me a bit more than the VEC but he gave them to me fer his price.

He always gives me the 'good guy' price.

Why shouldn't he? In real life I is a good guy.

Latest posts

Back