Church group gets a donation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a ridiculous blanket statement IMO. There may be some bad churches out there.

It is a disgrace when people take advantage of good people all in the name of God.
Agreed!

Hmmm...I don't know if there is necessarily good "churches" or bad "churches" because churches are just made up of people, and with people, just like with any other cross section of the population, you got good ones, and you got bad ones. So maybe with some churches there are more good ones or bad ones that influence the goings on, I dunno.
Just remember, the church is not a museum for saints, but a hospital for sinners...

To the OP, might be a good excuse to buy a new saw/splitter/whatever, wife can't really say "whatcha need that for?" now, can she? :D Sounds like you have a pretty good attitude about all this though...good for you!

I apologize for my comment about churches it was a blanket statement and i agree it goes both ways. Most churches are not like that but the ones we've dealt with have been so again i apologize.

P.S. I don't own my own company i'm just a slave at one.

Sent from my Autotune Carb

I always tell my wife to use me as an excuse if she ever wants to get out of anything but yeah, that does sound patronizing suggesting she talk to you first doesn't it ? If I said that to SWMBO, I'd probably get The Look, then an elbow somewhere sensitive.

We'll always help people out who need helping in spite of those who test our patience.

ps-hope the oak were big rounds they can't split ;)
Just to clarify, The Lady and I are decades together but not married. That said, with firewood we have an equitable division of labor and assets. Wood is mine until it is hauled, cut and split. Then it is ours. After it is stacked it becomes hers!
We share the heat, but she sits closer to the stove.

If you had 5 cords and it was seasoned oak, you could easily say that's $200 maybe even $250 a cord (if you figure delivery and stacking). I would try to get it back because that's over a $1000 worth of wood...if you can't get it back I'd seek law enforcement because they obviously stole what was in addition to the truckload!

I'd want my firewood back. All of it, if for no other reason, because they took advantage of you. To hell with them and their "charitable" needs.
Contact them and invite them to help you cut, haul, split and stack firewood,, then see how "needy" they really are...

cre10, is that a Blue Merle Aussie in your picture? I have two Aussies (1 Tri-Red and 1 Blue Merle) and they are great dogs!

Latest posts

Back