Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few loads. I think the biggest load was a mulberry log 4' small end 5' crotch area 10' long and solid. Wish I had taken pictures but the truck was sagging a bit. My estimate as about 1.3 cord.

Attachments

• Load 1 a.jpg
    Load 1 a.jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Load 1b.jpg
    Load 1b.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMAG0603.jpg
    IMAG0603.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 207
Double trouble I like that set up but like my box a bit better as I just throw the chunks on and then stack them at the house.

:D Al

The log chain is hanging from the 3-point hydraulic boom on the back of our JD2010. We use it to drag the trees out to a clearing to cut up. We then haul it back to the house and split/stack it right off the trailer.

Load of Hedge, Pecan, Maple, Oak...on my 03 Tundra moving it to the back-yard and out of the driveway...per the Mrs! :rolleyes:
Also found more "un-split" rounds I was hoping were seasoned...NOT! Went ahead...Split & STACKED EM!
IMAG0452.jpg IMAG0453.jpg

And here's the new thread for a new year and another start to another year of truck use/abuse.

Here's my 88 Ford 1/2T again nicely loaded with 1.45 cord.....and yes that's a jack-all taking the stress of the rear springs...

I wish you nothing but the best - but I'm not too sure how many loads, of that size, your old Ford is going to take. Especially over uneven ground. ;)

I wish you nothing but the best - but I'm not too sure how many loads, of that size, your old Ford is going to take. Especially over uneven ground.

I've been doing that to that truck for 4 or 5 years and I gata finally put one front drive shaft u joint cause it just started squeaking, that's it's life

umm....over night.... he he.... that jack all could be there all week...cause I just burn straight off the truck. The front row is "enough" for the springs, and it's got a lift in it.....

I plan to fab a trailer that I can put 4-6 footers on and then be able to use my FEL forks to unload. Saves a ton of time. i am looking for running gear from a grain wagon or something like that. I don't want too big and wide as i won't be able to get through the woods and I won't be able to pull it with my UTV. I found one at a farm, but the guy sold it before i could bring the $. Oh well.

Back