I cut firewood because I ........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...the satisfaction of seeing saws I have completely rebuilt making rooster tails, and making trees into wood piles at a high rate of speed. I greatly enjoy wood heat, but it's also the love of the mechanical contraption that is the chainsaw. So easy to work on and tune (for me, anyway). All in all, an awesome diversion from the IT industry. There's nothing "virtual" about chainsaws and wood cutting.

because I love to see the smiles on my kids' faces when they're sitting in front of the stove in the living room on a cold winter day. And let me tell ya, they've been smilin' a helluva lot lately.

Because I have been doing it since I was a kid helping my dad. Did it through school to make a few bucks. Now I do it so I can keep busy during the winter and make a few extra dollars for vacation funds. It also allows me to have some cool equipment. Oh and I like chainsaws.

Born and raised in a small logging community where burning wood was a way of life. Wood stoves have out lived oil, electric, and gas heat. Don't get me wrong we still have all those, but wood is cheaper and warmer. Have you ever tried to dry your wet gloves, boots and coat by an electric baseboard heater, just don't get the job done. Ever tried to back up to a forced air furnace to take the chill off, wood is good and forever.

I cut wood because I like to. I cut wood because I own some of the sweetest sweetish saws made. I cut wood because paying the gas man sucks. I cut wood because its stress relief. I cut wood because I don't like to be cold. And most of all at the first nip of fall I stand before my wood pile knowing that my heat bill is paid for no matter how cold its gonna get!

Gas heat just sucks.........

I can't stand paying a fortune for gas and then keeping the thermostat turned down to 55. Exercise is good for an old man. I love the continuous warmth from the wood stove. I have 30 acres of woods that provides well for me.

Live a positive life!

Who doesn't like playing with chainsaws and I don't want to freeze to death in my house when it's -20 outside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back