Some people can't read -or- they're just twits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerboybill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I posted an ad on the local CL under the "free" section for free firewood for the cutting again. These aren't trees in town, leaning over houses with powerlines laced through them. They're easy falls into open fields. Heck, they don't really NEED to be cut. I just thought a fellow who needs wood, doesn't have a place to cut, and is willing to put forth a little work can have some easily accessed wood. I cut 'em myself, and will have them all cleared in due time, but there's MILES of fence here. My ad states takers need to cut all trees in the row, not just the "good" ones, but much of it is Mulberry, Cherry, Pin Oak, Dead Elm, and Burr Oak (along with aspen, boxelder, etc). They don't need to clean up brush, I'll push it and burn it when the weather's fit.

So far, I've gotten good response. I've even had two guys come in and take several truck loads, and have a few more who are waiting for the weather to shape up. But there's always one jerkwad. Guy calls me up today with a 319 area code (quite a distance away into I-o-way) and offers to cut my fencerow for $100 per tree. Acted like I was an idiot for offering to let others cut wood here. Told him no and hung up.

Maybe I'll just take the ad down and keep doing it myself...

Good
How about a place to stay while I do it and a tractor trailer to haul it back to Pa. when I'm done? Of course I would a little time off to fish while I'm there.
Good News! My farm also features river front property on the Grant River. You can have a line in the water while cutting! Whether or not you'll hook a trout is another matter...

do you furnish log splitter also? can my kids play there? are the trees tall? how big are they?.................lol

It's a crying shame when someone makes an honest offer and has to deal with these people that would rather prey on others than do an honest days work.
Good for you for offering, please believe that there are still good people in the world, they are all not ungrateful.

do you furnish log splitter also? can my kids play there? are the trees tall? how big are they?.................lol

Sure! they can play in the trees as you cut them! It'll help them to speed up their reaction time! Each tree is 1000 cords, or 15,000 ricks, or half a million beautifully turned bowls.

It's a crying shame when someone makes an honest offer and has to deal with these people that would rather prey on others than do an honest days work.
Good for you for offering, please believe that there are still good people in the world, they are all not ungrateful.

I agree. I have had two good, responsible guy come out already and have several other promising prospects. I was just frustrated that someones gotta put a turd in the punchbowl. Bet he has a lot of friends that value his company...

I wish I was closer too. It's getting tougher to find a cutting opportunity like you are offering. More and more farmers around here are either cutting for their own use or just plain bulldozing and burning it all. Don't let a couple turdballs ruin it for everyone else.

Guy calls me up today with a 319 area code (quite a distance away into I-o-way) and offers to cut my fencerow for $100 per tree.
He wasn't belly achin 'bout radial tires and EPA stoves too, was he? If he was, we might be able to tell you who it was, and how to push one of his many large buttons! :D :laugh:
Leave the ad up a lil longer, then take it down after you get a few more good "customers", just let the guys that do ya right keep cuttin...JMO

Latest posts

Back