Some people can't read -or- they're just twits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I thought of Spidey first, but I figured he wouldn't be wasting his time calling and harassing a guy with a CL ad as he needs to invest that time in typing long, long rebuttals to his many pissing matches on here...

"No, really. The world is FLAT. I looked out my front window and saw it for myself!"

you can always do this with anything that's not good enough to split, stack and burn

http://www.richsoil.com/hugelkultur/
An acqaintance of mine works with doing those type things. He's also making bio-char to put on his gardens. I'm really interested in his progress in that field. Cut up anything over 3 inches for firewood and coarse chop the rest to make bio-char to put on the fields.

I wish I was closer too. It's getting tougher to find a cutting opportunity like you are offering. More and more farmers around here are either cutting for their own use or just plain bulldozing and burning it all. Don't let a couple turdballs ruin it for everyone else.

Yup, bulldozing out fencelines to make room for more corn. With all meat production done in feedlots and high density barns, I swear there won't be a fenceline left in the country the way it's going. A guy keeps 20 hives on my farm and he constantly complains about the fact that all the fencerows are going away. Says bees get a lot of browse out of the plants AND the trees in there. He loves the fact that I have 5 + acres of black locust. Says it's the best tree for bees. That, and all the neonicotinoids being sprayed. Says there won't be a pollinater left in the country. Corn and beans do nothing for bees.

We've had the same problem with asshats from wichita coming down. We have 40 acres of pretty rough looking pasture that's all pickup accessable with probably 10 total acres of tree's IN it, plus one 1/2 mile hedge row and 2 1/4 hedge rows and 2 more hedge rows that add up to a 1/2 mile and then a double hedgerow a 1/2 mile. All the old man i rent it from has ever asked is that you stack your brush somewhat decently and if their are any "posts" in a tree to cut them for him. I've probably cut 250 tree's in the last 5 years and gave him 5 posts and left brush in random piles around the ceder tree's. He's happy as a clam (i do rent the pasture for cattle and deal with that headache also) and i don't think he'd care if other people did the exact same. BUT the "others" that have came NEVER EVER stack any brush (not even good enough i can use the tractor to push piles) and none have ever left a single hedge post. 1 post a year and a little effort and you could cut forever.....

Don't let them get you down though because you'll eventually find some good guys. I have another quarter further from me than this and i let some guys cut on it and all i require is that they drop tree's on the creek bank and get the tops close enough i can push them into the creek and after a flood (i have a "strainer" in my water gap) i burn them. Guys never hurt anything, call when cows look odd or if i get a calf ect. They also have fed my cows if i call them and they are out there already. Best dudes ever. Selling wood for $150 a cord and cut couple pick up and trailers a week.

Back