dolmar 420/421

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My saws are 3/8 and 3/8lp it wouldn't really make sense for me to run .325

Sent from my Autotune Carb

I had a 420 when they first came out. It was a sweet saw but was low on RPM's. I sold it and use a Redmax3800 for small stuff and trimming trails. There is not a thing wrong with a 420 and a lot cheaper than a 241 stihl. I think Stihl is analogous to Chevrolet back in the 1960's. They could sell anything with a bowtie on it.

I had a 420 when they first came out. It was a sweet saw but was low on RPM's. I sold it and use a Redmax3800 for small stuff and trimming trails. There is not a thing wrong with a 420 and a lot cheaper than a 241 stihl. I think Stihl is analogous to Chevrolet back in the 1960's. They could sell anything with a bowtie on it.

I think the Ford, Chevy and Dodge thing applies to all things materialistic.
I know a guy who is so pro Arctic Cat that if the only sled Arctic Cat sold was a Kitty Kat... he be ride'n.

Speed im gathering up Michigander's and we're moving to Hawaii are you in?

y4aquqeh.jpg

You'll have to find someone to buy all my snow removal equipment. I dont think there is much need for a snowblower down there. Then I'm in. I wonder if there's money in growing pineapples? Lol

Seriously though, I think this has been the nicest winter in 25yrs. Ground froze, it stayed cold, the snow is sticking and the sun has been out quite a bit. Beats the heck out of snow, rain, melt, mud, gray, repeat.

I'm having a riot moving snow. I put a front blade on the 3020 that hasn't been used for snow in YEARS! I been keeping the roads open for all the neighbors. Heck they even dragged me down to Sterling Assembly to move snow a few times. I kicked and screamed the whole ride down there, but....

Just had a neighbor telling me he heard the weather channel is predicting "dangerous amounts of snow" for the weekend in the great lakes region. What is that? I might consider 5' in one shot a pain, but dangerous?

Did ya pick up your new saw yet? Might want to get the snow blower attachment!

My saw is at FedEx in Chicago, its supposed to be here tomorrow but i don't know about that. Dolmar don't make an attachment for the 421 so i'll have to look for an aftermarket one.

Manus Power Equipment in Royal Oak but i ordered mine online it was cheaper and it came with a free case.

You'll like it kjax, sweet little saw-i've run mine for 4-5 hrs now and finally ran out of gas..tried the stihl ps3 chain this a.m. cuts crazy fast...almost dangerous...think i'll go back to the safety chain when cutting in snow up to my !@#*'s....

We know how the saw looks like... We want action photos! :D

Congratulation! Did you already try it out?

Well? How do you like it? We need data man. Reviews. Your opinion of that extra 6oz. of weight. Balance. You know stuff like that. :chainsaw:

I put gas and oil in it and started it and let it run for a minute and shut it off lol i'll cut with it a little tomorrow

Well? How do you like it? We need data man. Reviews. Your opinion of that extra 6oz. of weight. Balance. You know stuff like that. :chainsaw:

Ya, between that extra 2-6 ounces and the bad balance... you might have trouble even standing up. ;)

Latest posts

Back