Oh C'mon already, enough is enough!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
u
What does not caring for skiing or golf have to do with being narcissistic??
Heck, I wasn't puttin' ya' down for liking' it, or doing it... I simply stated I have no interest, and don't understand the appeal.
Now if I called ya' an idiot because you enjoy it, or called ya' stupid for doing it... will then I could understand the charge of narcissism.
I in no way expect you to live your life like me... and there ain't anything narcissistic about me stating I ain't interested in the same things you are.
Perhaps you should look up the definition...
Based on my observations of your postings I stand by my statement.

Bushman, you know I got thinking about it, this weather is a lot like we had when I was a kid. The last 25 yrs we haven't had much snow to speak of around here and when we did it was gone right away. Might just be cycling back around again. I don't mind the snow or the cold, but the wind was starting to irritate me, last two days we haven't had it, but it seems like it had been blowing for a good month straight.

We used to snowmobile quite a bit back in the 70's and early 80's Speed, but then the snow fall started declining. The last 20 years, or there 'bouts, we've rarely had enough snow... some years next to none. Dad still keeps one at the lake home in Minnesota, mostly for haulin' his ice fishing gear around. Still plenty of guys that have 'em, and they head up into Wisconsin or your way a couple times each winter to ride 'em. I got out of it; taking 5 and 10 day snowmobiling trips with the guys was a ton-o-fun, but now there's a wife and kids and... well, you know the drill.

L-O-L ‼
"Course, what I rode back then is a long ways from what you guys are riding now. Back then we thought 60 MPH was screamin' and 70 MPH was greased lightening. Darn things were always fouling plugs and blowing belts... ya' didn't dare leave your yard without spares and a few tools. In the early 70's the hottest thing on snow was the Scorpion...

scorpion-2.jpg

In the early 80's I bought a blown-up El Tigre (which, at one time, was advertised as "The World's Fastest" LOL) and rebuilt it. I'm thinkin' it had a 3-cylinder engine?? Man, I was the hottest thing on snow 'round here for... about... 5 days before I completely melted it down. LOL I put it out at the end of the drive, some guy stopped and gave me what I paid for it (but I ate the rebuild dollars), said he had a smashed up one with a good engine.

sharbot_lakejpg2_zps18764b67.jpg

I've ridden a few of the "newer" and they are some nice equipment/toys for sure.
If we keep getting snow every year I may just have to start lookin' for one or two again.

Spidey,
I'm still riding nostalgic!photo (56).JPG

Although I was right in the middle of an overhaul when the weather turned even worse so I haven't been able to finish it. All I have left is a check valve to replace in the carb and re-assemble/tune.

snowstormsnowgo 018.jpg
I rode it for awhile this winter and had fun but them I started having fuel system issues so I decided to just tear it all down, clean it, install a new carb kit and fuel lines and go from there. I damaged the check valve inside the carb and it took me forever to find the correct replacement. It seems as though you just can't buy parts for a 1973 snowmobile just anywhere. LOL This little single cylinder is quite a lot of fun in the deep stuff. It only weighs around 340 lbs and has just enough power to get up and float on top of the snow. Tippy? Yes but more of a body steer than anything.
Maybe today I can get it finished off but I need to shovel the drive after another 8" of fresh snow fell yesterday and with this chest cold that will probably swamp all energy I have.

Didn't hear much from Al Gore lately. This global warming is crazy huh? I burnt more wood than any other year. I like every season but im glad they change. I'm Ok with a cooler trend as last summer was awesome with lower than normal temps.
Ski?? What's the point??
Ya' get hauled up the hill, so ya' can slide down the hill on sticks strapped to your feet... just so ya' can get hauled back up the hill.
Reminds me of golf... ya' chase after the ball, so ya' can hit the ball... just so ya' can chase after it again.

I tried both of 'em... the only thing I found interesting about either was the selection of beer in the clubhouse or chalet‼
Well thank God we are all different or this would be a boring life.

Back to the original topic.
Woke up this morning to 6:53 AM -23.1 °F
Enough already give us a F'ing break. :(

Back to the original topic.
Woke up this morning to 6:53 AM -23.1 °F
Enough already give us a F'ing break.

That does suck. It feels like spring here with a temps in the 20s!!

Now they are calling for more snow on Tuesday. we are at 56" here for the season and if we get what they are saying on Tuesday then we will be at 62-64". Just not happy about that. I'm also due for a flue scrub but I'd have to shovel the roof to get on it!

I'm glad I don't live on the lake. We get the tail end of the lake effect here but its usually only a couple inches at a time
Do you have a blueberry farm over there? If so I may have to come this summer and pick. I love the west side for all the fresh fruit and vegetable stands scattered everywhere.

:ices_rofl:

We have a few bushes.:D

summer2012031.jpg

July2013022.jpg

Gimme a shout around the 4th of July and I'll have an idea of when picking will start.

We have a few rows set aside for friends and relatives to hand pick. Bring a serious crew.

The jury is still out on freeze and ice damage, but so far things look good with the Mk1 eyeball and I'm not too worried about anything but fungus issues thanks to the frost damage on new growth.

Another 6" today. North wind drifted the driveway in. Took extra time to shovel. Ready for a big melt. We need room. The county has got our road down to 1 1/2 lanes so oncoming traffic is usually half in my lane and because I drive a truck everyone thinks I should have to dive off into the 3 foot drift! BLAH!!!!!!!!!!

I don't shovel any of it... ever‼
If'n I can't do it with the snow thrower, plow, or leaf blower... it flt ain't gettin' done.

I should add... there's two things in this world that flat don't fit my hands...
One is a snow shovel, and the other is a rake... the damn things just slip clean out'a my hands.

Back