Oh C'mon already, enough is enough!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't shovel any of it... ever‼

I don't mind shoveling (in a normal winter) it gives me time to play with the dogs in the snow and get a little exercise in.
This year has been silly though! Luckily I have a small driveway so I can shovel a six inch snowfall in under an hour.
Funny thing is I have a big snowblower that hooks up to my John Deere 210. I even have the hydraulics to lift it but I chose not to use it. In a normal winter it isn't worth having it sit in the garage taking up a parking spot and besides the driveway almost never freezes well enough to use it without shooting the driveway into the lawn!
I should put that sucker on CL right now. I could probably get a fortune for it!

This is how I do it. Cutting a path from my wood piles a few years back.

and then there is Plan B if that breaksdown, but it hasn't yet.......

and here's a firewood trip....

Kevin

Hah. We got a little bit of snow. It isn't our normal gloppy heavy concrete. It's light. I shall get out the trusty Finlander style snow scoop and move it so the weekend dumpage has room. Then it is supposed to rain on Monday. It's a beauty of a morning here. But don't move here.

It hasn't snowed here in a while but this below zero stuff is really getting old. Had minus -14f again this morning.

Friend stopped by today. Plowed out my wood stacks so I could get to them. Snow was drifted in about 3 feet deep.
This little clip was after multiple passes with the bucket and the blade!
Now I can drive back there again!

If I need wood out of my shed again I will need to snowblow a path again also. I still have a couple of weeks worth on my front porch. I figure why snowblow now when it is just going to snow some more before I need it. It's been one asskicking winter so far.

8"

Had to use the Tractor and FEL. to move snow in order to plow...again.
I need a bigger loader tractor.

When all this crap melts, it's going to be a mess.

In 67 we had that huge lake effect blizzard in january, then in march it melted in like one day with a heat wave. My folks house flooded, the bottom story. Watched the big corn field out back turn to a lake, then it came our way and..all hands on deck! hauled stuff to the second story.

Weird how stuff when you are a kid you remember as fun adventure!...took my little boat around the neighborhood.

Mom and dad not amused with the flood.....

In light of the fact that we are actually getting real snowfall this year, I put the front blade on the 3020. I really need to pull the pressed steel wheels and put the cast back on though since I've pretty much quit using it as a puller. I've been trying to remember, I don't think that tractor has been used for snow in 14 yrs! I really prefer the little fella with the blower around the house. The blade has been seeing road duty. The wife is a nurse and a plugged road is not an option, the hospital frowns on call ins due to weather. This thing is a riot to plow roads with. Wfo in road gear in 12" plus snow. One of these days I will get the kid to take a picture of it rolling snow.
IMG_20140127_122055_128.jpg

Local High school is having issues with windows and snow.:laugh:

Feb714071.jpg

Lake Mich is darn near frozen over...reducing the amount of lake effect snow inland.

Feb714043.jpg

Not here.

Feb714075.jpg

Next year, I'm moving the wood stacks closer to the drive....

Great snow and lake pics!

We have mudbergs here...clay mud that squishes out in the winter when you drive in it, then turns rock hard in the summer. Then you have to put the "mud plow" on the tractor and scrape the peaks all back into the troughs.

Nice shot of grand haven. I drive down that corner every week at my lunch hour. Fun t I watch the season change in the lake. Working in grand haven is great.

008.JPG Really hard on the deer this year. They are coming close to the house looking for me to drop some more maple so they can have the tops. They seem to appear as soon as they hear the saw start up.

Latest posts

Back