Husky 61 wont rev up.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrisw

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys been a while. Life is real busy for me these days, haven't done anything with saws in a long while. A friend asked me to look at his saw for him, so thought I'd post it up here, he couldn't figure it out, so this goes to show, keep it simple!! It would idle but not rev, he thought it was the carb and took it apart didn't see anything so put it back together and just made things worse, now it wont run at all. I looked at it, fuel was pouring out of the muffler?? So I thought carb, flooding. Took it apart and saw the diaphragm was not hooked to the needle lever, instead it was holding it open all the time, just pouring fuel through the saw, fixed that, and started it, ran but would not rev, sounded like it has a serious Cold, stuffed up like crazy! So while it was running I unscrewed the muffler deflector popped the screen off, sounds as it should now and runs like it should.

IMG_0053.jpg

After propane torch treatment.

IMG_0054.jpg

Ya, none of my saws have a screen.

Smoky the Bear must love you. :rolleyes: Seriously, there are many places where you'll be tossed without a spark-arrestor. For good reason.
If you run a saw properly (hot & hard or switched off), you'll never see blockage there.

Smoky the Bear must love you. :rolleyes: Seriously, there are many places where you'll be tossed without a spark-arrestor. For good reason.
If you run a saw properly (hot & hard or switched off), you'll never see blockage there.

I'm very aware. Thanks though, you may have read that this was not my saw. All my saws run perfect without carbon build up, that's also attributed to the oil I use. Actually one of my saws still has a screen and that's the 562xpw.

in B.C smokey the bear don't need to come around in most cases. there are 2 months a year that it is real hot and dry but i still ain't started a fire. none of my saws have screen. whether your running it hot and hard or not if you run ****** fuel with ****** oil you will see blockage over time there. guys who never see blockage there are the ones burning a gallon a year. try a gallon every 2 hours and see how long it takes.

Latest posts

Back